Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 10.01 Firmware Release

Finished in the meaning of last FW. I don't want my Axe fx II to finish! :)
I'm on board with this. Give us one last firmware and explicitly tell us it's the last firmware so then we know not to be checking this page several times a day everyday like a psychopath. Or at least that's what I'm doing.

Cliff promised to port every epiphany to the II. If he'll get one in the future and it's portable to the II, I'd be sad to not get it. Even if it were a year from now!

There's enough to do for the III firmwares, the FC's still need to be released and I bet there's tons of things we don't know about. So a new release probably won't come the next few days / weeks. What's the problem about waiting?! Why not just boot the damn thing and enjoy playing?!

Cliff promised to port every epiphany to the II. If he'll get one in the future and it's portable to the II, I'd be sad to not get it. Even if it were a year from now!

There's enough to do for the III firmwares, the FC's still need to be released and I bet there's tons of things we don't know about. So a new release probably won't come the next few days / weeks. What's the problem about waiting?! Why not just boot the damn thing and enjoy playing?!
:)

Well said.

So i' m not the only one checking this page on daily bases? Since the soon i'm getting more and more impatient everyday!

So when?

(i still would like updates every now and then!)

I'm more than happy with the current Axe 2 amps and the tones. If there would be an update, I'd like to have the AE communication timeout issue resolved.

firmware is a double edged sword. Don’t get me wrong, it’s great and exciting, but at the same time, the need to keep updating can be kind of a burden too. Though of course we don’t “need” to upgrade, but come on, who doesn’t want cool new stuff right ?

Case in point, on my III, I’m working on some patches, but there is some cool new stuff in the latest beta, so I’m waiting til that is released to do some editing, just sticking with the latest actual release.

I’m essentially putting off what I could do today becasue I know new stuff will be out “soon” and don’t want to redo it then.

Not a bad problem to have, but at the same time if I knew soemthing was final, and I had to work with it as is, I’d get down to business, instead of just kind of wondering and waiting

There's probably gonna be one last FW whenever, cause FAS made a promise. But honestly, I don't think it's gonna be a fun job to do, since all the enthusiasm has gone to the Axe Fx III too. The last FW will only be a FW of honour, nothing more than that...which I perfectly understand. I'm happy with the last FW, the only reason why I drop by almost every day is pure curiosity. Give me this last FW and I'm free...until I finally decide to buy the III.

I just noted that the AX8 Q 10.01 has a "Friedman 18 C45" model, and 263 models ; the Axe-fx II Q 10.01 misses this one and has 262 models. @FractalAudio, will this model be added to the Axe-Fx II too ? :)

I'm assuming they're referring to this. Not really a promise, assuming it was more of a "if I have time" sort of thing. I think it was nice he gave us any updates after the III was released.

You can choose to uodate or not!

Of course you can, and I’ve probably said that same line myself a few hundred times over the years on this forums

but, it’s pretty hard to resist cool new features and anything that might make this amazing unit sound even better than it did before, and for no cost either.

I mean, I see guys who are still using a really old firmware and who are quite happy, but I also know how many of the new amp models I enjoy, the new delays, the added controls etc, and I’m always glad I’ve got the latest and greatest version.

If it really was “done”, it would be sad, but it also would free up a lot of time that was spent checking for new updates and such.

Where is the promise statement?

Well, I'm too lazy to look for it. But I remember reading something similar to that. Maybe it was some kind of a statement that some of the Ares algorithms will be ported to the II. That sounds pretty close to a promise to me. But I don't want to discuss the semantics.

Well, I'm too lazy to look for it. But I remember reading something similar to that. Maybe it was some kind of a statement that some of the Ares algorithms will be ported to the II. That sounds pretty close to a promise to me. But I don't want to discuss the semantics.

This current firmware already sports ARES algos.

Back
Top Bottom