Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 10.01 Firmware Release

just for my confirmation on "Incorporated some of the modeling" Ares "of the Ax-Fx III." and in advance sorry if the answer has already been made in all previous posts but, all amps have been "Ares" updated or just the new ones?
It’s the modeling that was updated. That affects all amps.

Dears

just my quick feedback.
At first thanks a lot for providing AXF2 users to experiment new alogo from ARes AFX3. Great customer service and really appreciated.
I played with Fried 2018, C45 (that one is so f..g good !), 410, 410JS, Brit800 34, Hook. All these are just ... better !
Can't agree more with all previous feedback: better low mid, responsive, "more amp-like", etc.

A great FW for me. I was very very pleased with 9.04 => same for 10.1 !

Very nice update indeed! Played one church service since the update and love the high end smoothness. I also fell in love with the C45, that thing is a beast! Reamped some metal tracks with the C45 and it really added some fullness across the spectrum! Very happy! Thanks, FAS!!

Hi guys, first post here ^^
I'm sorry but I still didn't have a chance to try this new firmware, so I can't comment on it yet.

But anyway I just want to thanks this guy called Cliff that keep this thing live. And of course, this gorgeous community that helps me a lot.
Recently I've been working on 2 projects and I can't change things right now but I'm really excited to try this one day.

I have been playing little bits here and there over the last week or so, but I agree that this firmware sounds and feels great. I definitely notice an overall clarity improvement. Everything in general just has more clarity with less need for EQ tricks, or massive advanced amp parameter changes. Sometimes in the past more clarity mean thinner tones because you had to filter out all the bass, but I feel like this firmware has dynamic bass, and more clarity at the same time. I mostly play high gain chuga-chuga metal with a GT1000FX, and when re-tweaking my presets I find myself pulling out extra EQs and Drives that were used to enhance the amp tones. I still drop 500hz quite a bit as I always have, but I am mostly leaving everything else alone other than the basic BMTPD controls.

Hmmm . . . maybe it's just my hearing further deteriorating but frankly I think there's less "shimmer" in 10. I've tried adjusting EQ and other settings but my ears love the high end ring of 9.04 especially when I dial back the volume control on the guitar a bit. It's is absolutely killer for me - too bad there's no 2204 in it though.

I'm back to 9.04 and loving it!

This is part of what makes the AF so awesome though - you actually have a choice!

Hmmm . . . maybe it's just my hearing further deteriorating but frankly I think there's less "shimmer" in 10. I've tried adjusting EQ and other settings but my ears love the high end ring of 9.04 especially when I dial back the volume control on the guitar a bit. It's is absolutely killer for me - too bad there's no 2204 in it though.

I'm back to 9.04 and loving it!

This is part of what makes the AF so awesome though - you actually have a choice!
The AF. Now that's a chronic carpal tunnel saver! I hadn't thought of it, but it works. Besides, its a palindrome. (The Fractal Audio Axe Fx = The FA AF...

Cliff, you did that on porpoise.

As an hardware/software engineer, I'm not amused, obviously the tools you're using don't catch those type of errors. Sounds like you're not doing code reviews. I would love to have more usable effects in my AX8 - so get those firmware updates rolling !!
Here you go again! Play nice! This Forum is about respect if nothing else. You have been far too critical in your comments elsewhere and I am beginning to wonder if you are one of those moles I’ve heard so much about. I

Here you go again! Play nice! This Forum is about respect if nothing else. You have been far too critical in your comments elsewhere and I am beginning to wonder if you are one of those moles I’ve heard so much about. I

Was this directed to me? Liking one firmware version over another is disrespectful . . . huh?

Not necessary Only if coming from 9.04.... There has been many changes since 7.02 (not just Amp models). I would recommend reading the release notes for each firmware from 7.02 through 10.01 very carefully.

Thanks much, Moke. I figured that was the case. I've got about three weeks before the next gig, so I'll try to get everything up to date between now and then, Part of the reason I'm still on an older firmware is because what's on there now is working fine for me now, but I really do want to take advantage of all the changes that have happened since then. I just know it's going to take some time, and I've not had a lot lately. I want to redo a good portion of my 60+ song-specific presets from scratch, since many of them started from a "kitchen sink" preset I created years ago. Now that I know what those presets really need, I could do a lot of cleaning up of unneeded blocks as well as pick more appropriate amps/cabs for many of them.

Just wanted to pass along my kudos as well and also thank you for making such an easy-to-use interface. This was my first time updating my new XL+ (came loaded with Q9.04) and it was incredibly easy to do. I felt confident every step of the way and that's really saying something when you are dealing with a device as complex as the Axe. I fired up a new patch with the Friedman 2018 as the base and it was truly amazing. Wow! And: FREE! Thanks Team Fractal!! Sooooo in love with my XL+!

this update feels very nice! whether it's some kinda mental thing or not, doesn't matter to me. Thanks Cliff!!

I just gave the Freidman 2018 a whirl also. It's kinda like the #34 of friedman Amps. Instant tone. Easy to get that 90s Metallica sound. Also pretty great for Tremonti style riffs.
I put a Zen Drive in front of it with the Drive set to 0.2. You get some wicked pick attack then.

I just gave the Freidman 2018 a whirl also. It's kinda like the #34 of friedman Amps. Instant tone. Easy to get that 90s Metallica sound. Also pretty great for Tremonti style riffs.
I put a Zen Drive in front of it with the Drive set to 0.2. You get some wicked pick attack then.
Gain at 7.5, master up a hair to saturate a little, ive yet to need more than that with my tele

How good is this firmware? I just spend about an hour dialing in a USA Lead. This has always been a challenging amp model for me to get anywhere with.

But with 10.01 I actually got into it very quick and have been spending the rest of the time sweetening it in different versions for rhythm and lead, and riffing.

Back
Top Bottom