Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 10.01 Firmware Release

This update sounds fantastic, the Friedman 2018 sounds magical and as someone said before the new Plexy with out touching anything sound pure rock n roll.

Remember that changing the amp block like this still does reset some of the advanced parameters, so if your preset was saved in 9.04 with some tweaks to these parameters, then you load 10.0 and reset the amp then it will sound different because you are putting the amp back to default.

If your 9.04 preset was all default, then resetting the amp in 10.0 shouldn’t make a difference.

Thing is, ALL of my presets sounded really good on 10.0 without any reset, so I’m not even going to bother resetting them like I normally do.

Thanks.
But I'm aware of all that and I do make any Adv Param adjustments after I've swapped the Amp Types.
And *I* thought I heard a slight, very slight, difference after doing the Amp Type reset.
Thought I heard a bit more top end after the reset.
But, obviously I'm mistaken, or I would have hoped that Cliff or Matt would have chimed in by now.

Quick question for you guys:

Is the Speaker Comp parameter now obsolete? It doesn't appear to do much of anything with my presets anymore, even when all the way cranked up. I made a new Recto preset and reset the amp block and kept Speaker Comp at stock and it sounds good that way, just wondering if the underlying code changed to no longer need this parameter.

I remember Cliff making a thread way back when about the Speaker Drive / Speaker Comp parameters to get X db of gain reduction for US speakers and X db for UK speakers. Wasn't sure how relevant any of that is anymore.

Regardless, I'm really happy with the sound as is and have no complaints. Just wanted to know what parameters should be focused on with Q10 for advanced tweaks. Thanks!

Quick question for you guys:

Is the Speaker Comp parameter now obsolete? It doesn't appear to do much of anything with my presets anymore, even when all the way cranked up. I made a new Recto preset and reset the amp block and kept Speaker Comp at stock and it sounds good that way, just wondering if the underlying code changed to no longer need this parameter.

I remember Cliff making a thread way back when about the Speaker Drive / Speaker Comp parameters to get X db of gain reduction for US speakers and X db for UK speakers. Wasn't sure how relevant any of that is anymore.

Regardless, I'm really happy with the sound as is and have no complaints. Just wanted to know what parameters should be focused on with Q10 for advanced tweaks. Thanks!
It was always dependent on how hard you drove the master volume I think, rectos don't really rely on power amp saturation so you get less of an effect from the parameter.

Loaded it and played a few minutes. Definitely like it more than Q9.04, so well done, good update!!!

Now I'd love to hear some new comparisons of e.g. fenders to the III. Anyone?

Thanks Fractal! I updated this morning and the unit sounds excellent. I play clean stuff and this guitar processor sounds fantastic.

I really have terrible hearing, as in all the clips I can hardly hear any difference between 9.04 and 10.01.

Very noticeable improvement with this update. It really felt and sounded closer to the real McCoy on the Bogner amps.

Day 2 with Firmware 10.01 (great number BTW). Simply amazing!! JS410 Orange is a real stand out for my set up and playing style. My suspicions about this update helping the guitar sit in a mix have been confirmed. It sits better than ever, even in dense mixes. There's more than just a tonal improvement going on, too. The whole "experience" is much better than before, (and that's saying a lot).

I installed 10.01 24 hours ago and played several hours today, there is a true improvement in this firmware, from crystal cleans to pantera preset I feel single notes clearer and muted riffage better...I don't know how much it changed but I'm having a new electric mistress today, again.
Thanks Cliff

Back
Top Bottom