Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 10.00 Firmware Release

After a quick run with old strings (yeah it does not count I know) I've been playing a lot lately, my impression is that the strings feel closer to new strings actually. Not saying the strings are new now, but harmonics and the upper frequencies seems improved. Basically I feel I get more for less, as if the overall "resolution" is improved. I can't wait to try this with new strings!
It sounds counter-intuitive to describe a freeware like you did. But strangely I was watching one of the only good comparisons of the II and III on youtube, and had already thought of roughly that description. Maybe that could also be termed harmonic separation? Anyway, I barely spent any time with it. My strings are about a month and a half old. And they sounded damn good when I installed the FW 10.

IMHO there is no way to hear this kind of difference after video compression, so I wouldn't expect to. [I'm also a 96K person, in terms of nuanced digital reproduction, for what its worth. That's different from fixed 48K processing, which I'm happy with or I wouldn't want a modeller that uses it..] But the subtle improvement did seem real, particularly when playing multiple notes with some dirt or saturation, I think particularly with some of them 220 hz. or below (where muddiness was a touch more experienced before, now the fuzz is less uniform and more nuanced per string). And I dare say not realer, since its a different real. :wink: ...IMHO.

Last edited:
Sounds and feels great!

BTW, the Plexi 2204 is not there. Irrespective of whether we get it or not, it's a great update. Love the Friedman C45!

Sorry I typed too soon, I was at work far away from my unit and I noticed it was in the wiki amp list, yek is a beta tester so I asume it was in the private beta, 10.00 had some bugs, 10.01 has all 3 new models.
Happy new firmware weekend!

Thanks for the new software update.
Although the improvements are little, you can realy hear the difference.
It sounds better. :cool:

Thanks to the whole team of fractal audio for your work. (Good job)
And thanks to keep the AXE FX2 alive. I hope it will be for some times in the future.

How do you know that the fractal is realy good?
Check the secondhand websites for fractal.
In the Netherlands and belgium i'ts very hard to find a second hand one, everyone is keeping the fractal
because it reminds them of the wonderful time they have using it.;) :guitar::guitar:

Greetings from the Netherlands

The friedman 2018 is my favorite amp now. With OH Gnr it sounds super.
But i dont hear any difference in other amp models, more lows maybe.. Its not a problem, because they sounds in 9.04 great too.

I like the new Firmware, for me it sounds better in all Amps i try.
Great Job.

^^^ Agreed!

Are you guys aware that there is a new version of the firmware out (Q10.01) that fixes a few bugs with Q10.00? There is a new thread for the updated firmware.

No stress if you've got 10.01, but decided to comment on the older thread. But if you installed Q10.00 instead of Q10.01, it would be worth updating to fix the few bugs. :)

Are you guys aware that there is a new version of the firmware out (Q10.01) that fixes a few bugs with Q10.00? There is a new thread for the updated firmware.

No stress if you've got 10.01, but decided to comment on the older thread. But if you installed Q10.00 instead of Q10.01, it would be worth updating to fix the few bugs. :)

Thanks, got 10.01 here (never used 10.00).

Back
Top Bottom