Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 10.00 Firmware Release

XL+ Freezing when I select the Friedman 2018 on some of my presets...no freezing on some other presets.
Couldn't find any logic what makes that difference from preset to preset.

After a quick run with old strings (yeah it does not count I know) I've been playing a lot lately, my impression is that the strings feel closer to new strings actually. Not saying the strings are new now, but harmonics and the upper frequencies seems improved. Basically I feel I get more for less, as if the overall "resolution" is improved. I can't wait to try this with new strings!

What "parts" does Ares even consist of?! I don't think anyone but Cliff (and maybe staff members at Fractal, but I doubt that!) knows. All we know is that the III sounds better than the II because of a better amp simulation and more processing power. The improved amp simulation is called Ares, which is a marketing term, nothing else.

So what exactly are you asking for here?
New Amp, Cab, other parameter changes, etc. A few years ago, when we'd got Quantum, there was an impressive list of changes including new amp, effect....

The dynamics of the amps are now insanely good!! I mean they were good before but this is just awesome! My guitar's volume pot is literally going to fall off by the end of today....!

Sounds and feels great!

BTW, the Plexi 2204 is not there. Irrespective of whether we get it or not, it's a great update. Love the Friedman C45!

So does this improve all amp models or just the new additions? I pretty much stick to the IIC++ on firmware 9.02.

Im having a strange constant noise when using the Band-Commander. Anyone else notice this? Thanks

Yep, same here. Not just the Band Commander, I noticed it using the Vibro Verb CS. It is definitely more noticeable with the Band Commander though.

It is only present for me when actually playing, and seems to be a lot stronger playing low notes. It's like a constant, unmusical, high-pitch whistle in the background.

I've got an Axe-Fx Mark II, if that helps people reproduce the issue.

Yep, same here. Not just the Band Commander, I noticed it using the Vibro Verb CS. It is definitely more noticeable with the Band Commander though.

It is only present for me when actually playing, and seems to be a lot stronger playing low notes. It's like a constant, unmusical, high-pitch whistle in the background.

I've got an Axe-Fx Mark II, if that helps people reproduce the issue.

Can you post a recording? I'm not hearing anything wrong here.

Just uploaded a very quick live A/B switching test between Q10 and Q9.04

I am using an AX8 to A/B switch the signal into 2 x AXE FX IIs.
The AX8 preset uses 2 scenes to toggle an A/B output signal to either AXE FX II.

One unit has Quantum 10 (AXE FX II mkII - Bottom)
and the other unit has Quantum 9.04 (AXE FX II XL+ - Top)

The presets are identical in each unit. Nothing fancy either.
All controls are set to NOON - except for the USA IIC++ presets - as they require different EQing to sound "correct".

You can see the settings in the short screen grab i display before each demo.

The Cab is a wav IR loaded on the output bus within Cubase.
I did this to remove any chance of variation within the different firmwares CAB block.

This way we are looking at ONLY the tonal differences of the firmwares.

The CAB is a blend of a Mesa Recto w/ V30s, a Marshall w/ Greenbacks, and an Orange w/ V30s.
All Mic'd with multiple SM57s in a "Full Spectrum" configuration (IE, all points of the Speaker have been Mic'd and blended into a single IR)

Can you post a recording? I'm not hearing anything wrong here.

Yep, here's one with the stock Band Commander preset. Noise gate is off. No post-processing done at all. Just playing a few low notes to illustrate what I am hearing. It's faint, but it's there, and doesn't seem to be harmonically related.

Here is a google drive link to the mp3 file -

Back
Top Bottom