Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 1.06 Firmware Release

I think those early Satriani shows were great. I caught the one around the release, or just prior to "Blue Dream". It was one of the best shows I ever saw - I think Satch has to be seen and felt live. My favorite moment I remember is when he pointed directly at me and did an impression of me cocking my head (to his inimmitably tastfully rhythmic legato soloing thing). At least that's what I say happened.

He strikes me as very personable and a humble artist, who will continue to bless the world with original musical thought.

You nailed it. I've met Joe and can tell you he is a genuine and sincere person. Looks you straight in the eyes when he talks to you. You feel his openness and friendship. A true gentleman.

You nailed it. I've met Joe and can tell you he is a genuine and sincere person. Looks you straight in the eyes when he talks to you. You feel his openness and friendship. A true gentleman.
Will also second this. Incredibly nice person.

Reactions: JT2
holy shit, just woke up today and realized, a new firmware is about to drop. It was a big light bulb moment!! COOLNESS! 1.07 "big update"!!!

Who else got dat feeling?

Soooooo....new Fractal customer here. Picked up my XL+ at Fractal just under 3 weeks ago, so I'm still learning the culture. Is this firmware excitement a thing? New models = cool.....but some of you sound a little more excited about firmware than one would expect. :p

RR (RafterRattler, not that other guy)

Soooooo....new Fractal customer here. Picked up my XL+ at Fractal just under 3 weeks ago, so I'm still learning the culture. Is this firmware excitement a thing? New models = cool.....but some of you sound a little more excited about firmware than one would expect. :p

oh yes my friend. major G.A.S takes place here around a new firmware dropping for download. People collapse, vomit, stay up all night, cant sleep, tell all their friends, buy pizza and watch the screen constantly until it drops. Yes, you have entered a culture of the maddest bad ass guitar players known to man, and you know what, its a bloody great time to be had. rock on, and welcome.

Some revisions of the firmware generate more buzz than others.

In the case of the pending one, it was said to include model(s) of Joe Satriani's amp(s). So that generated some extra buzz.

I'd actually say buzz has died down a bit since Quantum. The Satch thing is def cool and bumps up interest for sure, but personally speaking, I'm finally more interested in playing/tweaking than wondering what's next. Although there are a couple functional things I'd like to see added.

oh yes my friend. major G.A.S takes place here around a new firmware dropping for download. People collapse, vomit, stay up all night, cant sleep, tell all their friends, buy pizza and watch the screen constantly until it drops. Yes, you have entered a culture of the maddest bad ass guitar players known to man, and you know what, its a bloody great time to be had. rock on, and welcome.
The proper acronym is FAS for firmware acquisition syndrome. No new gear required.

Knowing FAS, itll be another massive improvement to some component that we wont know how we lived without lol

Reactions: wga
Pizza! That's a great idea I had not thought of. Nothing takes the bite out of waiting like a bite into some mouthwatering pizza toppings.

Not that I can't wait or anything; I can wait... even a couple more weeks. Although I think something may happen sooner...Maybe after only 4 or 5 pizza boxes have accumulated..

Back
Top Bottom