Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 1.06 Firmware Release

Curious - since some AX8's have shipped... do they have a similar firmware update? Guess we'll all find out "soon".

FAS seems to answer that question on the Ax8 homepage
The AX8 is first and foremost an amp modeler. It features Quantum Amp Modeling Technology, the same core modeling engine as our flagship Axe-Fx II.

But time will tell :)

FAS seems to answer that question on the Ax8 homepage

But time will tell :)
Well, yes and no. It's obviously a fork, not using identical code. Mostly. I was rolling around in my head if updates will be 1:1 - for each Axe-Fx II, will AX8/FX8 get one? That has not been the case at all so far - FX8 hasn't had very many updates.

Amazing, another FW update - Thans to Cliff and FAS.

I have a session today and have prepared sounds for that session using Car Roamer (Carr Rambler), Keith Urban Tweed Twin, Matchbox 30, Comet 60 and jumpered Plexi models.

I have roughly an hour before I have to leave for the session, so I have time to install, check the presets I made for it and have a play with the new AC30 model.

I love my Axe - It's going to be a great day :)

FractalAudio said:
Added Scene indicator to Output and FX Loop GUI. The ‘A’ Quick Control knob can be used to select the desired scene while in the menu. This facilitates setting output levels in each scene.
@Dutch wonder if this has to do with your thread ;-)
I wonder too. Of course it is a very useful addition. Probably we just thought alike... Otherwise this is a record breaking wish fulfillment.

Bonus post. Got my post count in for today.

Last edited:
I used one of my Class-A 30W TB presets and replaced the amp with the new Class-A 30W Brt model and the volume was really low. I even reset the block...same thing. Bug?

BTW...finally saw the melted face. I just finished watching 'Chidhood's End', so the melted face scared me!

Not sure what I should be seeing with this addition?

Edit: The Class-A 30W TB model sounds really good. Curious to hear what @Edo thinks!

The new AC30 model is not an AC30 TB .
For U2, do we need to use the new model or the "Edo modified " version of the AC30 TB model :rolleyes:

I will for sure try all of that as soon as possible. :D

Back
Top Bottom