Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 1.06 Firmware Release

Updated both my XL+ and II. I use the AC30TB pretty regularly and it's always sounded great. Still sounds great. The only thing I notice is maybe a tad less gain? Was expecting something major here but if there is, I'm not hearing it. Either through my CLRs or triple driver IEMs.

Loving that Class-A 30W TB model more and more each update! Now I need an oppertunity to use it in summat.. First world problems!

Thanks again FAS

I don't see anything about changes to the Recto models, but playing 15 min on 1.05 then updating to 1.06 has done something because my recto patch grew a set of titanium balls the size of watermelons! I didn't change anything on my patch either. The Mark model and Lonestar model have a lil something extra as well, but can't put my finger on it. Call me crazy if you want Cliff, but I reloaded 1.05 and they didn't sound the same. Either way, thanks FAS & Cliff, this update is amazing!

Hey Santa Cliff, I've been good and purchased two Axe FxII's and two MFC's from you and your elves. I will buy an Ax8 also if you could get me a new high gain amp for Axe-mas. Thanks

First firmware I reverted to the previous. Was getting some strange latency and weird artifacts in the sound. Went back to 1.05 and guess what? Any preset I altered was list now as empty...blank. No big deal, just re-wrote them and it sounds great again.

That said, I love Fractal and the work Cliff and the team puts in, no doubt.
had a similar scenario. wiped out my presets. posted it in Bugs, re: reverse delay issue

I don't see anything about changes to the Recto models, but playing 15 min on 1.05 then updating to 1.06 has done something because my recto patch grew a set of titanium balls the size of watermelons! I didn't change anything on my patch either. The Mark model and Lonestar model have a lil something extra as well, but can't put my finger on it. Call me crazy if you want Cliff, but I reloaded 1.05 and they didn't sound the same. Either way, thanks FAS & Cliff, this update is amazing!

Looking forward to that. Just stared downloading. I'm not sure how many amp models those tiny little clipboard weilders in Cliff's brain have affected. But it sounds like a good thing for the rectos, which are very much needed, esp around holiday time, when listening to Christmas Classics is too much, and a little Petrucci is in order.

Lol, I didn't get that far. Just gave a listen in my first preset , a Tucana Lead loaded into a Gilmour Mr Floyd preset. After forty minutes I figured I better try another, to make sure it wasn't luck.

No, its not luck...

Nice Cliff, and Fractal - GREAT Present! This is really the best gift I could want, except maybe some philanthropic/humanitarian/save the universe bits; but I am happy with this nonetheless! Even if the robots do take control may they never replace Quantum 1.06 with a replicant version of Quantum 1.06, called cynically by those installing/"upgrading" The Program something like "Quandry Ultimatum Microseed 1.06 #10"...which relegated to bitland will have eliminated all the Fractals with Fractal-less pod bots. But, er uhhum, excuse my ramblings, and thank you. Now as Jimi said, if you will excuse me, I must be on my way, to play some more.

Last edited:
I don't know if it's the case with 1.06 or not, But the rectos sound absolutely fantastic now! Thanks again. had a blast playing them last night.

*The range of the CF Ratio parameter has been expanded and all existing presets will have the parameter reset to default values. If you have changed the CF Ratio value in your presets you will need to re-enter the value.

*Feeling stupid* but can someone tell me where CF Ratio is? I'm thinking as I type this that "CF" isn't used anymore to describe this setting and it may be amp/preamp/comp ratio?

I've not updated yet to 1.06, but I don't see the CF in 1.05 on my end to even see if I've altered it or not. LOL! I seem to remember seeing CF in older versions though...am I right?

-Danny

*Feeling stupid* but can someone tell me where CF Ratio is? I'm thinking as I type this that "CF" isn't used anymore to describe this setting and it may be amp/preamp/comp ratio?

I've not updated yet to 1.06, but I don't see the CF in 1.05 on my end to even see if I've altered it or not. LOL! I seem to remember seeing CF in older versions though...am I right?

-Danny

In the Advanced Tab in the Amp block just above Preamp tube type.

-Danny

It's in the front panel interface that way, not in AxeEdit. Amp > Adv -> CF Comp, CF Time, CF Ratio

It's in the front panel interface that way, not in AxeEdit. Amp > Adv -> CF Comp, CF Time, CF Ratio

Yep I'm seeing it....I just never knew there were parameters we could mess with on the panel that weren't in Axe Edit. Man I REALLY feel dumb now....and blind as I can't see the panel options that well to even mess around in there, though I'm sure the stuff there probably makes an incredible difference. Maybe that's why I've been struggling so bad?

Ever since I made the jump to Quantum, I've come up with better sounds than I've ever had...but I'd be lying if I told you it was easy. I've struggled so bad to re-tweak things to get them the way I want them that I actually cringe when I see an update that *may* mess with something I've put loads of time into. I'm hoping for the best here LOL! Thanks for the replies guys!

barh, it IS in Axe Edit and is where I thought it was in post 133. Try it and you'll see. Open Axe edit, click on amp/preamp/comp ratio. Now look at your screen on your Axe and make sure you see CF ratio. Adjust it in Axe Edit and it will adjust CF ratio as well on the panel. I thought that's what that was. Cliff got rid of the CF or something in Axe Edit if my memory serves me right. Whatever the case, if I adjust that either in Axe Edit or on the panel, it adjusts as it should. :) Just a heads up....wow, I actually knew something for a change! LOL!

barh, it IS in Axe Edit and is where I thought it was in post 133. Try it and you'll see. Open Axe edit, click on amp/preamp/comp ratio. Now look at your screen on your Axe and make sure you see CF ratio. Adjust it in Axe Edit and it will adjust CF ratio as well on the panel. I thought that's what that was. Cliff got rid of the CF or something in Axe Edit if my memory serves me right. Whatever the case, if I adjust that either in Axe Edit or on the panel, it adjusts as it should. :) Just a heads up....wow, I actually knew something for a change! LOL!

Hi Danny;
unfortunately the problem is more complex ;-)

On the AxeFx himself you have in the menu (tab)
- Amp / Pre Dyn / Preamp Comp (has been renamed from CF Comp a short while ago)
- Amp / Adv / CF Comp (same parameter as above but with the OLD term)
- Amp / Adv / CF Time, CF Ratio (CF means Cathode Follower)

In the Axe-Edit you have on the page
- Preamp / Comp, Comp Time, Comp Ratio
> aka CF Comp, CF Time, CF Ratio
> aka Preamp Comp, Comp Time, Comp Ratio

I think, at now, there is a lot of confusion in the terms, assigned to the different menu locations ;-)
It should be corrected a soon as possible; it sucks ;-)
Preamp Comp, Preamp Comp Time, Preamp Comp Ratio are logical terms in my opinion.

Even in the AxeFx menu it doesn't make sense to use two different terms.
If someone changes the Preamp Comp parameter, he even changes the CF Comp parameter in the other menu.

Please, FAS, change it into a consistent way ;-)
And Happy Xmas and a Happy New Year to all of You folks!

Kindly regards
Mike

Back
Top Bottom