Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 1.06 Firmware Release

"Added Scene indicator to Output and FX Loop GUI. The ‘A’ Quick Control knob can be used to select the desired scene while in the menu. This facilitates setting output levels in each scene."

Could someone more knowledgeable please explain this update to me? What makes it beneficial?

Awesome support ! Thanks Cliff and Fractal !
Thanks to Edo to have led Cliff to the 'wrong cathode follower default values in Class-A'. I and all U2's Edge crazy nuts are admiring and grateful.

The 'Added Scene indicator to Output and FX Loop GUI' is gold !

Yes, only on the front panel. It clarifies that the Main Output Level (it's in the Output block of every preset) operates "per-scene". And it now enables you to turn the "A" knob to switches scenes, while looking at the particular screen.

"Added Scene indicator to Output and FX Loop GUI. The ‘A’ Quick Control knob can be used to select the desired scene while in the menu. This facilitates setting output levels in each scene."

Could someone more knowledgeable please explain this update to me? What makes it beneficial?

The Output mixer saves its state per scene. But it wasn't obvious from the gui. So if you make changes to the Output mixer, it only applies to the scene you are on.

The indicator makes it more obvious you are making scene specific changes.

for the last 2 updates my axe fx gave me an error like ''axe fx transfer error because its in manuel update mode'' how and where can i change the update mode ?

Yes, only on the front panel.

Okay. Got it now. I understood what it was for, I just didn't understand where to look. The notes mentioned GUI, so I was thinking Axe-Edit only. I don't use the front panel for presets, only for system type parameters and levels, which you only need to set once.

Thanks for the explanation Yek! :)

Reactions: yek
I mean, seriously? I was ready to stop updating after the 1.03, the sound is amazing. But this one is even better. The AC30 has something in the upper range that is just beautiful now and feels right. I want to rip my strings off the guitar, that is how hard I dig into them now to just squeeze that goodness out. :)

Thanks FAS, you guys rock! or maybe I wanted to say you guys cliff? yeah, you guys are cliffin it through the roof! :)

for the last 2 updates my axe fx gave me an error like ''axe fx transfer error because its in manuel update mode'' how and where can i change the update mode ?

You shouldn't have to do anything , just start update from fractal bot , do you have the correct fw for your unit? Do you have ax edit off and MFC disconnected?

I don't know how you guys do it. Releasing the AX8, new firmware, cabpacks 21 (22,23), responding on the forum and all you do behind the scenes. I appreciate all your hard work (everyone @ Fractal) providing us working musician's with the best tools available!

A question to Matt or Cliff :
Is there a way to compare the 1.05 CF value with the new default value ?
Sorry for the possibly boring question, but I've "played" with the DC 30 advanced parameters a lot lately and came to something realy nice (at least to my ears :) ) even if perhaps it wasn't DC 30tically correct.
Thank you.

I don't know how you guys do it. Releasing the AX8, new firmware, cabpacks 21 (22,23), responding on the forum and all you do behind the scenes. I appreciate all your hard work (everyone @ Fractal) providing us working musician's with the best tools available!
+1000 They'g gotten a lot better at managing their various projects and balancing that with forum, and it shows.

A question to Matt or Cliff :
Is there a way to compare the 1.05 CF value with the new default value ?
Sorry for the possibly boring question, but I've "played" with the DC 30 advanced parameters a lot lately and came to something realy nice (at least to my ears :) ) even if perhaps it wasn't DC 30tically correct.
Thank you.
save your dc30 preset, update to 1.06, load your preset back. then copy the new dc30 to the clipboard and paste it to "Y" in your preset and just go back and forth.

Was digging the AC15 very much already but the AC30 seems to have increased 'sprong' now as well - most enjoyable

Back
Top Bottom