Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 1.04 Firmware Release

I'm guessing there will probably be some kind of catastrophic Y2K event. Skynet might go online. Who knows, we'll have to wait and see.

I played 1.04 for an hour last night with the Brit Super and it kicked ass.

Kicked so my ass though that that is the only amp I played :)

So is it ok to stay on 1.04, or should we be downgrading ?
Whatever blows your hair back man. It's all personal preference. I just liked 1.03 better when I compared the 2 and there will be another out soon. Its entirely up to you whether you wanna change or not.

Whatever blows your hair back man. It's all personal preference. I just liked 1.03 better when I compared the 2 and there will be another out soon. Its entirely up to you whether you wanna change or not.

I was meaning as it has been withdrawn due to a bug, I'm loving it so far, but don't want any unexpected problems in an awkward situation.

1.04 is the first firmware that made me think something was wrong. Some in the past I couldn't tell little to any difference but 1.04 was doing something that didn't work with my presets. I was thinking possibly I needed to reload it and then I looked here and saw it had been pulled. I reloaded 1.03 and it sounds better for me.

There is no rule - make your own mind up.

Does it sound good and work for you? That is the only relevant question.

Not if the bug causes a full volume 10k tone to played through FOH in the middle of a gig completely at random. It could work day after day with no problems then the bug kicks in, we don't know as we don't know what the bug is do we ?

Not if the bug causes a full volume 10k tone to played through FOH in the middle of a gig completely at random. It could work day after day with no problems then the bug kicks in, we don't know as we don't know what the bug is do we ?
I dont think its anything like that, but if that's something you're concerned with just go back to 1.03

I double-checked my tests today and I made a mistake. I had a calibration error. The default Preamp Hardness should be set to 9.2. This will be corrected in the next release.

As far as I can tell, the bug was having the preamp hardness set to the wrong value. It was higher than it should have been which might account for the harshness some people were referring to.

Sounds better. Some new amp models. Some bug fixes.

Due to a bug this firmware has been removed.

This is so, so tolerable given the track record Fractal has had in frequent updates with very few bugs, and letting us Beta test his most excellent ideas. Thanks for working so hard, all. One little bug slipped past! No biggy.

I almost welcome news like this: makes Cliff and company seem more mortal.

Back
Top Bottom