Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 1.04 Firmware Release

Update didn't work for me:/ I'm currently on Q1.02. My Fractal Bot is up to date, but when I tried to update, before completion, I got an error message stating that the unit itself was trying to update manually... but I didn't touch a thing on the unit... only fractal bot. Anyone else have this issue???

Same thing happened to me. I do not have AXE-Edit running. Fractal bot is up to date, my current firmware is Q 1.03. it had the same error message. I have an Axe-Fx II mk I

Yeah, Im getting the same thing. There almost seems to be more of a harshness to me. I recorded 3 different patches with the same settings and the only thing that changed was the firmware. I was disappointed in the uberschall tone the whole time Ive had the axe until 1.03 and it finally really started getting the bogner tone and then it was lost in 1.04. There's almost a hum in the background when Im playing, but it clamps off with the gate when Im not. I will say, I think I like the light crunch tones a bit better in 1.04. All my high gain tones sound more harsh, have a little less clarity, and the attack seems harder to me. Im gonna play around with it for a bit, but I'm pretty sure Im going back to 1.03

Did you reset your amp blocks? If not try it.

Update didn't work for me:/ I'm currently on Q1.02. My Fractal Bot is up to date, but when I tried to update, before completion, I got an error message stating that the unit itself was trying to update manually... but I didn't touch a thing on the unit... only fractal bot. Anyone else have this issue???

Ok... I was able to make it work!

Unplug your MFC or any midi controller you have. Turn on the Axe-Fx, then Turn on the Fractal Bot, then try again.

I did it in this order and it worked! Hope it helps!

Amazing as usual ... I seem to remember that there were plans for an updated set of Quantum Factory Presets ... anyone know if that is that is still in the works?

Cliff, this update is amazing!!! I haven't been able to check out all the new amp models because it's so easy to get lost playing on one amp.
Huge thanks for the crunch channel of the Peavey, I've waited awhile for this one!! Sounds great!

Going through some of my presets there are some that I don't remember sounding that GOOD, one being the Suhr Badger 18....wow!!
That amp is so responsive, the dynamics and pick attack just pop out on this one. Love it!!

1.02 and 1.03 are the same as 1.01.
Even so, I would not count on any feature supporting legacy algorithms over time except when there is significant value in the old algo. For the most part, you have to learn to roll with FW changes in the Axe if you are going to follow along with the updates. I never try to resist a new FWs methods/sound.

I don't know if it's me or it's the fw, but 1.04 seems to add extra compression to the verge of breakup amp, which is the opposite of what I was hoping for..going back to 1.03

As was said earlier, set Preamp Hardness to 9.5 and it will be IDENTICAL to 1.03 (except it won't thump when you change amp models). The polynomial is different but when set to 9.5 it equals the old polynomial at default value (intentionally for people like you).

yea maybe blind or naive but I always just roll with the updates. I don't feel I've been steered wrong yet by an FAS update. I usually always enjoy them for the better or don't notice much difference.

As was said earlier, set Preamp Hardness to 9.5 and it will be IDENTICAL to 1.03 (except it won't thump when you change amp models). The polynomial is different but when set to 9.5 it equals the old polynomial at default value (intentionally for people like you).
I'm going to try this, I'm a high gainer and was looking forward to 1.04 but its not the feel that 1.03 had for me.

a polynomial is an expression consisting of variables (or indeterminates) and coefficients, that involves only the operations of addition, subtraction, multiplication, and non-negative integer exponents.

Okay, that explains it. Ha! Over my head I hear music!

I guess I'm playing with fire, I always have my MFC plugged in and have Axe Edit running when I update and have never had a moments issue...

I just installed 1.04 and went back to 1.03 three or four times. Playing with 8-10 presets I'm familiar with, I prefer the sound of 1.03. It seems 1.04 lost some of the chime and I can hear some low or low-mid ame
I just installed 1.04 and went back to 1.03 three or four times. Playing with 8-10 presets I'm familiar with, I prefer the sound of 1.03. It seems 1.04 lost some of the chime and I can hear some low or low-mid frequencies that are not as tight as 1.03
Same here. there seems to be more bass and its looser feeling. Seems like I lost a little gain and sustain in my Herbie 3 also. It just doesn't chunk and chug like 1.03. I tried the preamp hardness at 9.5 but its not the same. If I go back to 1.03 then I have the thunk when switching so I might have to do some tweaking to try and figure it out.

Back
Top Bottom