Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 1.04 Firmware Release

Update didn't work for me:/ I'm currently on Q1.02. My Fractal Bot is up to date, but when I tried to update, before completion, I got an error message stating that the unit itself was trying to update manually... but I didn't touch a thing on the unit... only fractal bot. Anyone else have this issue???
Do you have Axe Edit running as well? Make sure that is not still running.

Installed 1.03 a few days ago but hadn't had a chance to play with it. Onward to 1.04! I love the fact that updating to a new firmware is dead easy and takes just a few minutes to install. Many thanks to Cliff and the rest of the FAS team!

Thats sick man great tone ,but wicked playing . it was cutting through great
Thanks ! This is mostly stage sound, although the sub is behind us. The FOH speakers are behind the camera
Now I'm going to have fun with the new amp models. I tried the X88 clean briefly and it's nice, probably the best Soldano clean of the three available

On stage in 10 minutes with 1.04 - fearless!
All kidding aside, 1.03 was already awesome. It's hard to imagine these amps sounding better.

Yesterday I did a show using a single preset in its variations. It was SO good I just didn't want to go anywhere else!

Sounds awesome! Let us know how it goes!? :)

I played a beta of 1.04 live this week-end. Absolutely no problems, smooth update and it sounded glorious. Here's two videos from that gig :

Nice tones ! Which preset were you using for "Tornado of Souls"... that one cuts really well.

Love this FW Update !

I just installed 1.04 and went back to 1.03 three or four times. Playing with 8-10 presets I'm familiar with, I prefer the sound of 1.03. It seems 1.04 lost some of the chime and I can hear some low or low-mid frequencies that are not as tight as 1.03

Yeah, Im getting the same thing. There almost seems to be more of a harshness to me. I recorded 3 different patches with the same settings and the only thing that changed was the firmware. I was disappointed in the uberschall tone the whole time Ive had the axe until 1.03 and it finally really started getting the bogner tone and then it was lost in 1.04. There's almost a hum in the background when Im playing, but it clamps off with the gate when Im not. I will say, I think I like the light crunch tones a bit better in 1.04. All my high gain tones sound more harsh, have a little less clarity, and the attack seems harder to me. Im gonna play around with it for a bit, but I'm pretty sure Im going back to 1.03

Yeah, Im getting the same thing. There almost seems to be more of a harshness to me. I recorded 3 different patches with the same settings and the only thing that changed was the firmware. I was disappointed in the uberschall tone the whole time Ive had the axe until 1.03 and it finally really started getting the bogner tone and then it was lost in 1.04. There's almost a hum in the background when Im playing, but it clamps off with the gate when Im not. I will say, I think I like the light crunch tones a bit better in 1.04. All my high gain tones sound more harsh, have a little less clarity, and the attack seems harder to me. Im gonna play around with it for a bit, but I'm pretty sure Im going back to 1.03
Would you be willing to share those recordings so others might hear the differences?

I don't know if it's me or it's the fw, but 1.04 seems to add extra compression to the verge of breakup amp, which is the opposite of what I was hoping for..going back to 1.03

Damn... you've just put me off loading this in... though I should probably wait as mid recording. Hate waiting though!

Btw, any specific reason why in the globa menu we can chose between fw 1.00, 1.01 and 1.04, and no 1.03 option??

Back
Top Bottom