Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 1.03 Firmware Release

I agree i liked q1 beta an Q1 then something went off the rails for me in 1.02 but 1.03 put that bite and sharper attack back that beta Quantum had
I was sitting there with a HBE and was writing something down letting a note ring and it sustained and then feedback started .
I was kinda shocked as it was low volume with monitor no tubes and no loud volume .
The sustain is crazy good!

Pro tip: if you're starting a post with this just...don't post it! Because, irregardless of your "disclaimer", what follows makes you sound like a jerk.

And I'm sure you're not a jerk, right?

I'm sure you're right, but I think you'll agree with me that is a boring pain having to be turning page after page of acknowledgments in a discussion forum to find an interesting comment.

Reactions: edo
I'm sure you're right, but I think you'll agree with me that is a boring pain having to be turning page after page of acknowledgments in a discussion forum to find an interesting comment.

Rather than comment on the comments, why not give your thoughts on the new firmware? You may start a trend :)

I think most of us just realize it sounds better and are thankful. More organic, squishy, grainy, harsh, smooth, more real, and many other terms used here sometimes don't really help to understand anyway so its best to try yourself.

I think 1.03 is great - more tubey, chime, best bass response and palm mutes yet.

There's a liveliness in the frequencies and dynamics of a tube amp (an orchestra of interactions) that hasn't been represented by any other device but the Axe Fx IMO, which is not to say that there are some really nice sounding units out there. They are just not as accurate at tube emulation as an Axe Fx. Do I think there's room for improvement? Yes, but damn its getting close.

Everyone says that tone is subjective, which is true because if it sounds good to you it sounds good. Tube emulation isn't subjective because we have the tube amp it's supposed to emulate as a reference point. Even though a lot of devices sound good or even great they are not always accurate to the reference point.

No, I do not agree with you.

Ironically, your posts in this thread only contribute to the noise in the signal you're complaining about. There's nothing interesting in them.

Be the change you want to see in the world? :)

Cliff Q1 I thought was your best work, but this update is so damn good!! Quite a few amps I noticed a difference in tone and feel, response, and seems like the Mesa Mk amps EQ has a bigger difference then before. Excellent work man!!

I haven't seen this new "secret sauce" update so maybe it was acid reflux messing with ya. ;)

Top notch update once again Cliff & Team!!!

Also, wanted to ask about the Engl Savage model. When I turn down the presence it adds a LOT of mids. This seems unusual but maybe that's just the design of this amp. Is this normal for this amp?

Also, wanted to ask about the Engl Savage model. When I turn down the presence it adds a LOT of mids. This seems unusual but maybe that's just the design of this amp. Is this normal for this amp?
very interessting question.........one more secret Sauce?

Wait 'til you hear 1.04. I finally figured out a way to measure something that's eluded me for years and, as a result, I've got a new triode saturation region model.

If I knew what this is, then it's definitely what I would have been been waiting for. Thanks guys! Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving.

That's the way that amp is designed. From noon and up it's a presence boost, from noon down it's a presence cut.
That's crazy. I just played with this and had no idea that it was designed like that. I use that amp all the time. Its a neat option to have for sure.

That's crazy. I just played with this and had no idea that it was designed like that. I use that amp all the time. Its a neat option to have for sure.

Mesa Mark amps are the same way. With the presence control at noon it's roughly neutral. Turn it down and you are actually boosting bass and reducing treble.

Each amp model should come with it's own user manual ;)

Maybe if someone started a thread ( other than a Fractal employee) with links to documentation for each cut all amp if it would help. It would be very time consuming but as people posted lines they could be moved into the original post and numbered. I know,I know! You do it! Lol. With my vision I get headaches after 5 minutes reading.

179809d1373210666t-apple-going-down-billions-tax-fraud-thread-necromancy.png

Back
Top Bottom