Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 1.03 Firmware Release

It's a 4 day weekend. Now would be a great time for that update.
Seems like Cliff should get to relax and enjoy time with his family for that 4 day weekend too, it's not like the thing already doesn't sound better then those who haven't heard it could ever imagine!

I'm sure it'll be here "soon" and you're probably right, Cliff's likely to finish it tonight at about 1:30, sleep a few hours and get up and start improving again. Thanks to Cliff and Team FAS for continually improving what we can't seem to imagine getting better, I think we're all thankful for that and it doesn't bother me to see folks thanking him and them, how often do you see that on other manufacturer forums? Less like a business and more like a family here!

My best to all of you, including those who think it gets old to see everyone saying thanks! :D

Wait 'til you hear 1.04. I finally figured out a way to measure something that's eluded me for years and, as a result, I've got a new triode saturation region model.

Crossing fingers hoping it's the same thing that's eluded me in my ac30tb/hw based presets!!! (That would be clean crunchy bite without mud!!!) lol

What IRs are you using the AC30TB model? IRs are critical here. I don't really have problems getting mud-less gain out of the AC30 if I'm using the right IRs. Try @ML SOUND LAB's AC30 captures.

I got them, but I still think the ir from the Germany axe fest has got that extra something in the top end. The mud I refer to is more in the drive character I think - and mostly referring to the ac30hot model which I've been messing with to come up with a single amp patch to replace my regular dual amp patches (which I'm very happy with btw)

Sweeter high end mainly. As I told the beta team maybe it's my senses are still a bit messed up from the Habanero Hot Sauce I ate earlier but it seems as though the cabs just gel better with the models.
Wow.... Well i got singing sustain on almost clean amp with the Shiva lead model.
Drop D on the low E string, lightly strum -> endless sustain..... Amazing!!!

So, i'm impressed that you got even more up your sleeve Mr Chase. 1.03 is still fresher than a newly born baby.

DSC00651-e1350395573335.jpg

The thing I've noticed most with 1.03 is the feel. I can really feel the sag and compression more than ever. Almost like there is a perfectly dialed in compressor on the input/output. The amps really respond. The sound and feel are just awesome. Hard to believe there is an update to this coming.

Wow...so I just got my AxeFx II XL+ this week and I've been really blown away each time I sit down with it but it's still pretty new to me. So I sat down with a clean/verge of breakup patch (Highway 66) for about a half an hour to really get a feel for the patch stuck in my mind and then I updated to 1.03 and tore into that same patch. Really noticeable difference. The pick response wasn't as sluggish as it was before and the top end was a little more sparkly. It's amazing to me that the firmware updates can be that dramatic. I'm used to the firmware updates of other products being more feature related and not so much a noticeable improvement in the feel and tone. Normally with other companies you'd have to buy their next generation model to get this kind of an improvement (and I got this kind of improvement after just 5 days of receiving the unit)...this alone makes me glad I spent the money on the AxeFx.

I'm a very satisfied customer. :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom