Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 1.03 Firmware Release

Wait 'til you hear 1.04. I finally figured out a way to measure something that's eluded me for years and, as a result, I've got a new triode saturation region model.

Dammit...I was going to stop at 1.03 for a while because it sounds so good. So much for that idea.

Which presets exhibit the thump? Need specifics of its to be looked in to!

I'm pretty sure I can hear a hint of it with every preset. All of my current presets are the same structure but with a change of amp. The Vibrato Lux amp seems particularly thumpy.

Wait 'til you hear 1.04. I finally figured out a way to measure something that's eluded me for years and, as a result, I've got a new triode saturation region model.
I was planning to upgrade to 1.03 but if 1.04 it's coming I'll wait and just skip 1.03
It's not enough to call it 2.0? ;)

Just had to say that didn't ya! Haha loving the way 1.03 is sounding. Happy to wait!

I already know that all of you are going to crucify me and I don't mean to offend anyone.

But I have several years entering the forum every Friday to see if a new update is out ... and it begins to tire me the mantra that sounds better and blah blah blah and everyone congratulating Cliff for their efforts.

A little originality, please.

Good work Cliff.

I was tempted to hit the "report" button on this, for ruining my love affair with 1.03. I am meeting with new musicians Sunday afternoon to see how the chemistry is for a U2 / The Police - centric band. 1.03 should be named "2.0" IMHO, as compared to the previous....it is that much better, feel-wise. I'm really excited to hear 1.04, if you are that excited about this break-through.

I switch to 1.03.
I don't know if I'm the only one but I stay on 1.0 in global menu.
I tried the 1.01 and 1.03 parameters but for me the 1.0 cuts better through the mix.
more treble, more presence...
I mostly play HighGain (Recto, 5150...)
I wish to use 1.03 but I don't want to tweek all my presets (like G3...)

Back
Top Bottom