Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 1.03 Firmware Release

I have been so busy lately so it's been a while since I played guitar through the Axe-Fx, so I might have just forgotten how great the last(1.01) Quantum firmware sounded, but I feel like there's really a big difference in feel and sound from before, I don't know how you do it, but I'm loving it, keep it up!

Cliff, another great job!

It pains me to say it, but try not to write any code tomorrow or spend time in the studio. Have a happy thanksgiving with your family.

I loaded 1.03 and had a crank on it for a while tonight. The word that kept coming to mind was 'springy'. The 'give' and 'pushback' from both the left and right hands from the strings is simply a real joy to play...you really feel the springy-ness and liveliness in the strings. An amazing/dynamic feel. Hard to really describe, but I love it.

It's astounding how full notes sound when the volume control is dialed back and the amp cleans up a lot; the tone doesn't wimp out...it's as if I got an useful extra range of 2/3 on that dial. Riding that perfect wave of transition from clean to distortion...

This is awesome. There was a block letter 5150 at the place I used to practice with my band, but never really liked it's lead channel. It was too damn gainy, and I ran the pre on like 5, so I would use the available Orange TH30 instead, or even the solid state Crate head.

Then one day, I had no choice but to use the 5150. This time however, I tried the rhythm channel, but it wasn't mean enough, so I pushed the crunch switch, and it was perfect. Just perfect. It's probably the best tone I've ever heard for heavy riffage.

Cliff, you never cease to amaze me. Thanks for the new FW! The timing is perfect...I've got a few days off work and a week and a half until the next gig, so I'll have plenty of time to play with everything. Looking forward to it!

That FAS Boost may be the best drive block they've ever produced. It's a great "more" pedal. Maintains the character of the amp block I'm using but with more hair, more sustain, more of all the good stuff. I love it. I'm assuming (hoping fervently) that that block will be in the next FX8 firmware release? It would be IDEAL for the FX8. When that happens, I can die in peace.

Love that FW. All amps sound better than ever... as for new FW, right ??!
BTW I agree on the FAS Boost and FAS Hot Rod amp: just great.
A comming FAS Fuzz bloc drive....?

Tweed Fenders - Deluxe and Keith Urban's Twin - are just glorious. Fell down the noodling rabbit hole for a couple of hours.

Somebody mentioned a low end thump on switching some presets - I can confirm that - new behaviour.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom