Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 1.03 Firmware Release

First thought there was no difference, then looked at FW version and it was on 1.01 , changed to 1.03 ,Wow I'm loving it "Shweeeeet!!!
Thank you Cliff! Awesome!!

Downloaded and ready for installing, once I have done what I'm supposed to be doing today :(

Well this is gna drag, always love fooling around with a new fw

Thanks again FAS!

Soo, I waited all of ten minutes. Couldn't think about anything other than trying out the new 6505 Rhythm, and it sounded glorious with my seven string at default settings cranked through my monitors! Love ittt!

Crisp, punchy with great clarity on riffage and chords.

Spoiled for choice with downtuned rhythm tones, seriously thanks again FAS

Someone was looking for that amp model recently so I dug our 6505+ out and was surprised at how nice that channel sounds. I then spent the day modeling it.

Thanks Cliff, I forget who asked for it but I remember thinking that they were totally spot-on with that request.

I was never a huge 5150/6505 guy (more of a dual rec guy): but some of my favorite tones on albums (Opeth's "Still Life" comes to mind) were recorded with the crunch channel of a Peavey. I know you get plenty of positive reinforcement already here, but you're the man as always. I will likely incorporate this block into my live presets.

I want you to know I was nuzzled and snuggled into my bed last night, and had one eye open to check the forum before dozing off....and then you went and pulled this little stunt. Shame on you!

Naturally, I had to get up and install this firmware.

I'm in the very very early stages of preparing tones and learning a collection of U2 / The Police tunes for a jam session coming up where the four of us will be meeting for the first time to see how the chemistry is. Your product helps me differentiate myself and stand head and shoulders above other craigslist guys in this sort of situation. This upgrade is addressing the tube emulation in the area I often find myself living in - mid-gain, edge of break-up. I intended to try the new Peavey (former 5150 head & 4x12 owner) last night, but my default preset layout is loaded with Buttery and stereo ultra-res factory 2x12 cabs. Before I realized what had happened I had been noodling for 90 mins.

Thanks Clifford - You are the man!

I'm really familiar with the 6505, but not so much with the 6505+.

Just to get an idea, how does the 6505+'s crunch channel compare to the 6505's crunch channel?

Back
Top Bottom