Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 1.03 Firmware Release

Cracking update, thank you, though i've noticed the new fenders from 1.02 seem a little hotter, had to change a couple of my clean patches.

The more time I spend with this firmware the better it gets!
I think there is a radio station around here named Q1.04.
HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!

Reactions: RDH
I'm hearing a bit of a thump when changing presets that wasn't noticeable before this update. Not a big deal for me because I don't change presets in songs in most cases, but it might impact some people.
I can't wait to check out the Herbie. I only recently discovered it but the 1.02 seemed off. Kind of buzzy and muddy on the gain. I hope it's back now!

I can't wait to check out the Herbie. I only recently discovered it but the 1.02 seemed off. Kind of buzzy and muddy on the gain. I hope it's back now!
I didn't have to touch the gain at all, its just right for me. usually I use the sat switch or up the gain or maybe engage the boost but I didn't touch it and its perfect. I had to lower the bass a lot but that could just be my own IR's.

Just tried the Brit JVM OD2 Rd that I could never get a good palm mute chunk out of and now I can so you did tighten up some stuff Cliff! Thanks again and I need to stop posting now! Sorry for being so posty guys, just axcited!!!

Great !!! Is there a sort of tube saturator emulation at the end of the Amp or Cab or the end of the chain blocks now ( a part the out soft limiter ) ?

if that were the case then each amp model wouldn't sound as distinct with this paticular aspect. more likely just a better secret sauce algorithm as stated in the quantum 1.03 release notes.

Cliff, you have really kicked a goal, hit a grand slam, scored an albatross, had a gold record with this update.

I have just updated all my 55 Shadows Presets to 1.02 to produce what I thought was the best sound. Last night (Sydney time), I updated to Quantum 1.03 and since almost all of my presets rely on clean AC15TB or AC30TB the improvement in feel and tone is remarkable. For those using my presets, please wait as I go through and update them for this firmware. Even so you can use the existing presets and adjust the main AMP block using drive and level to obtain a better tone and in some cases add some hi-cut as the character has changed.

The one amp issue I have is that according to Dick Denney's book on the VOX amps, the AC15 initially used an EF86 not an 12AX7. The EF86 produced a great sound but at higher levels, became microphonic and was dropped when two AC15 because the AC30, although some 4 EF86 AC30's where produced. It was Hank Marvin from the Shadows that requested the Top Boost to recover the sound that the EF86 produced. The initial Top Boost units where an add-on before they were integrated into the amp chassis. So, please can you see whether modelling that valve (tube) makes either of the AC15 or AC30 better?

Thank so much for your work!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom