Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 1.03 Firmware Release

Tube amps are amazing in some ways. The just naturally do the right things. One of these things is that the grids sort of "self-align" so that the distortion stays on the edge. You can tell when a modeler isn't modeling this right as you will get fizzy decay (some people erroneously call this "crossover distortion") and flubby bass. If you can't boost treble without it getting harsh then it's not modeling the grids properly. If you need to put a shelving EQ to roll off some bass before the model then it's not modeling properly. With this latest version of Quantum you can put an EQ after the amp or cab and crank the highs as much as you want without it getting harsh and causing ear fatigue.

Great !!! Is there a sort of tube saturator emulation at the end of the Amp or Cab or the end of the chain blocks now ( a part the out soft limiter ) ?

I know we have said it a million times but, thank you for working to tirelessly, we all benefit greatly, and I know most of us Appreciate it fully..... Going to load it up now!!!!

I didn't read this until I was laying in bed. At least I have the day off tomorrow, so this is awesome. I'll finalize my tones for an upcoming gig with the latest and greatest.

Seems to be less "hair" on the edge of breakup tones, smoother without loosing anything of the attack/feel, I like it better.
I was getting the same thing from it. I A/B the two firmware versions with 4 different basic amp tones that Im SUPER familiar with and luckily a couple of them are herbert -2 and +2 channels which had the other changes to them. I also use the mesa triaxis, and keith urban fender tweed with a light overdrive to push breakup a little bit and I noticed the same characteristic changes. Although I'm kind of perceiving that "hair" as a kind of processed tone grit almost. The new firmware seemed to smooth it out a noticeable amount and made all the models feel and sound a bit more realistic. I definitely like the direction cliff went with it. Also, my herbert tones sounded a bit more full and beefy. Not a huge amount, but kind of a subtle change. All improvement either way.

Back
Top Bottom