Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 1.02 Firmware Release

I've never updated FW myself before and I'm on Quantum 1.01 now and want 1.02...

what does "*Note: Existing presets using these amp models should be reset by deselecting and reselecting the desired amp model." mean?

Will downloading the new update not automatically make everything right or do I need to go back in after the update and make changes?

For each preset you use that has an updated amp model (for example, if bassman is one of the amps that has been updated), just go in to the preset, select the amp block, select a different amp from the list, then go in again and re-select bassman. That will "reset" the amp for that preset (and any others that may use it).

You do need to go back in and update, but it's not a big deal unless you have lots of presets that use the same amp.

You have Q1.02 installed... you're looking at an option in Global allowing users to switch between the amp modelling algorithms used in Q1.00 and Q1.01. Those algorithms haven't changed since Q1.01. Please go to the Utility page to see what firmware version is installed. [Q1.02]

I did something different this time, before I was trying to manual update with the button and menu on front of axe fx, this time I just turned on axe fx and clicked begin on fractal bot, and it all looked different this time, the screen wasn't dim this time, and it says complete, I waited 5 seconds and turned it back on but its still saying 1.01 in global modeling. If I click Utility and goes to FW it says REV: quantum 1.02 nov 14 2015 press enter to begin manual update, so it doesn't look like it actually did anything. I haven't checked to see if those new amps and drive pedal is in here yet though
DUDE. RELAX. Modeling v says 1.01 in 1.02. Your rev says 1.02. It worked. This is dirt simple, I have upgraded my Axe probably 50 times and never had a flash not "take". Everything is fine.

I did something different this time, before I was trying to manual update with the button and menu on front of axe fx, this time I just turned on axe fx and clicked begin on fractal bot, and it all looked different this time, the screen wasn't dim this time, and it says complete, I waited 5 seconds and turned it back on but its still saying 1.01 in global modeling. If I click Utility and goes to FW it says REV: quantum 1.02 nov 14 2015 press enter to begin manual update, so it doesn't look like it actually did anything. I haven't checked to see if those new amps and drive pedal is in here yet though
You're good. At one time, you could only update through the front panel, there was no FractalBot. If it said you're on V 1.02 you're all set. What you see on the panel is the option to update it manually. No need now, you're done.

cos they sound totally shite.. which is exactly why they sound awesome..

Love it, Clarky!!!
I came in on v5.07, and one of the first things that stood out for me was the shittiness of the Axe's version of the Octavia!
I was amazed at how a digital device could sound so analogue and encapsulate that 'feel' when neccessary and not only be pristine and digital.

Love it, Clarky!!!
I came in on v5.07, and one of the first things that stood out for me was the shittiness of the Axe's version of the Octavia!
I was amazed at how a digital device could sound so analogue and encapsulate that 'feel' when neccessary and not only be pristine and digital.
that was always my beef with the original digital delays.. they were just too 'hi-fi'.. so to me they kinda get in the way when you have the wet level up high… but when they're a bit crap you can dial up strong delay settings and still hear the difference between the dry and delayed sounds… so in the Axe I lo-fi and dirty up the delay a little..
this BBD delay though just really hits the spot for me..

Added “Plexi 50W 6550” based on the High input of a 1972 50W Marshall “Plexi” with 6550 power tubes.

Replaced factory cabinets 54-56 with selected UltraResTM IRs from ML Sound Lab’s “ML Brit 4x12” collection. If you enjoy these IRs you may purchase the entire collection from our online store.

That Marshall is a great sounding amp, and really fun to dial in if you bypass/disable the Bright Cap as it fattens up great.

Cool to see some more factory IR's with the M160 mic; that is by far my favorite mic with IR's...love how you can use just a single IR using that mic as it's well balanced and sweet sounding. One of the FAS cab pack 4x10 Bassman IR's with the M160 is fast becoming a favorite with clean/med gain amps...

Hey all,

still consider myself a bit of a newbie to the AXE FX.
I´m really happy with the way my presets sound with the original QUANTUM software and I´m just wondering if there´s any risk this will change if I update to 1.02 and I have to retune the presets....

Thoughts?

Thanx!

There is a slight change in tone from Q1.0 and Q1.2. In Q1.1 they changed something in the power-amp I believe. You can switch from Q1.1 to Q1.0 behaviour in GLOBAL menu.

Also, you should reset your amps in presets that use Bogfish, MR Z. and Dizzy models

It's worth the upgrade just to have the reduced CPU usage.

So, updated firmware yesterday on my IIXL+. Went to worship service this morning and my MFC Mk3 would not work.... connected with FAS link all I get is "Time Out". So I played two services using just a basic double verb patch. This was my second firmware update. The first one had no issues at all. I have no idea what happened this time and reading thru the forum, apparently no one else had this problem.

Solve Timeout Issue... Working thru everything suggested did not help. When I went into I/O and paged to Midi settings, the MFC Port had been disabled. I reset it to FASLINK and all is well.

Solve Timeout Issue... Working thru everything suggested did not help. When I went into I/O and paged to Midi settings, the MFC Port had been disabled. I reset it to FASLINK and all is well.
Thanks for the heads up :) haven't had my MFC plugged in since before quantum, glad to hear you resolved the issue!

Back
Top Bottom