Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 1.02 Firmware Release

Did it done, I'm up to date. I still sound like me..................In a good way
I use the Deitzels alot, but no worrys

Just lost an hour and a half just noodling with the Memory Man. Literally don't know where the time went or what the fuck I was actually playing, it's that hypnotic. Sooooooooo tasty. Thanks once again for all you do, Cliff.

Strange. I didn't have problem with it like ever... but after upgrading to q1.02 it can't connect to the axe. I guess a re-install is on the way :D

I had a Fractal Bot issue but I chalked that up to me updating my PC to Windows 10. It was fine after re-installing and I have had zero issues with Axe-Edit. I did manually refresh my cabs in Axe edit to make sure it picked up the name changes for the new factory cabs. I didn't check before to see if that was necessary or not though.

Guys am I the only one who has problems with axe edit connection? I think I need to re-install it...any tips before that?

For some reason on Q1.01 I had to reload the drivers and the editor then all was fine. On Q1.02 all was fine.
I did the Windows 10 update as well so that could have caused mine

Took some time this evening to run through all of the new additions in this firmware release.

I started earlier with the 'Deluxe Verb Norm' and, just as I posted earlier in this thread, it's nothing short of fantastic! Dimed (and tone stack adjusted to taste) it screams when you dig in and cleans up with very light picking. Very dynamic, very expressive! The breakup is spot on for a blackface Deluxe. This is a favorite for me.

The same may be said of the Double Verb Norm and Super Verb Norm IMO. I've always preferred the Normal channel on the reverb equipped blackface amps so I'm really jazzed to have these new additions!

The new silverface Twin is a very cool amp model. Dime it and it sounds like old Aerosmith / Joe Perry. How cool is that!?! As with the Double Verb Norm the cleans are awesome. Hell, the clean tones from all four new Fender models are awesome!

The FAS Hot Rod: total rock machine! The 100 watt SLP model is still my favorite Marshall model in the AxeFX II but I think the Hot Rod may be next in line.

I really dig the new 6550 equipped Marshall model. I didn't spend much time on this model (burned most of my available time on the new Fender models) but it's the first model I'm going to dial up tomorrow.

The new Bludojai model sounds / feels great (no surprise IMO). I'll have to revisit this one tomorrow (very little time with this one today).

I tried the new FAS boost in front of two amp models - the Deluxe Verb Norm and the 100 watt SLP. It sounded great pushing both models. Need more time to play with it but this may become my 'go to' boost.

All of the new Delay types sound fantastic, all capture the character of the type being modeled. Standouts for me are the Digital Memory Man and the bucket brigade type analog delays!

This firmware update is now perhaps my favorite primarily due to the new Fender amp models. Thanks Cliff for yet another outstanding firmware release!!

I never understood why do people think these posts are helpful.
" - Hey! My car is not starting, any idea what to check?
- My car is starting fine... "
because people tend to think if they are having a problem, everyone is having the same problem and it's not possibly user error or a unique case.

Since he asked "am I the only one having issues," I was assuming he wanted to know if others were or not, so I told him no, posts like that have helped me, I would gather not everyone learns like you do..... I tend to find posts like yours un-helpful though, because it's critical "when no reason to be, and you don't offer any help to anyone literally but to yourself and your ego!!!!

Which types/delay time, settings, etc.? Testing with the mono and stereo BBD, I get normal behavior. I have to go above 70% to get real oscillation. At 30-50%, I get normal decaying repeats.

TT

I tried the Memory Man model, stereo BBD and lo fi tape. With the standard settings, they're near endless repeats (at feedback varying from 20-50), when I use them stereo (where possible), the repeats become endless and quasi self oscillating. I can't get 5 or 6 delays out of them, it's 1 or 2, or mayhem.

Guys I really appreciate all your replies about the axe edit problem. whether it works on your side or not :) thanks a million. I will re-install it tonight hope it will help and solve the issue. thanks.

As everyone doesn't have the same car or bought his car at the same time, those sentences sound stupid. But if we were all delivered the same model at the same time, it would not be. So maybe your comparison is not that smart?

The idea is to let people know if they are in the same boat or not.

If everyone else is fine, the issue is on their end, if not, then they can stress less as it may be a bug.

The posts ARE useful

Reactions: RDH
Back
Top Bottom