Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 1.02 Firmware Release

Am I the only one disappointed that it's been forever since a new bass amp has been added? Still no GK, Ashdown, Mesa Carbine/Strategy, etc. I've never even heard of Bludojai but we get another of one them before we get a GK RB - an amp heard on thousands of classic tracks? Even though I'm returning my Helix, I did love that it had several more bass amp models than the AFX2 and even about a dozen bass-specific presets.

EDIT: Loving the new delays types!

Last edited:
Gave it a run-through.. The new cabs are very nice and the FAS Hotrod is a badass Marshall! The new delays are really nice too. Cliff killed it!

Cliff, I've never came close to being this satisfied (no Thrilled) with a product ! Makes me never want to put my guitar down! What you have created in the latest firmware is astounding, and Still keeps getting better! Thanks so much !!

Snif, learn this at 1 o clock AM and am leaving for 3 weeks tomorrow morning, job trip. That's life. good news anyway !

Really liking the Stereo BBD delay - A LOT! I presume BBD is bucket brigade?

Also, loving the new "Verb" type amps and the Plexi 6550.

Haven't gotten to the others, yet.

I still have trouble deciding which cabs to use even after buying a few of the packs. Then comes a "small" update that throws in a few more cabs just because. I made it to preset #3 "Deluxe Verb" which is still stock in my unit and simply replaced the cab with the new #54 and noodled for an hour. Finally branched out and tried the new delays and drives.

I'm amazed at how much this device just keeps giving after all these years, and I got amazed again today. I really wonder when I read posts where people can't find a good tone, and I just keep tripping over them by accident again and again.

Back
Top Bottom