Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 1.02 Firmware Release

Thanks.
I have a question about modeling version in Global/ Config. I can choose only q1.00 or q1.01. The model version of q1.02 is not present. Is this ok? (axe 2 mk1)

The new delays are REALLY nice, not even got round to the new Fenders yet....

So.....

81nQmKNhQKL._SY355_.jpg

loving the FAS boost! A perfect boost for the JTM45, makes it tight without sacrificing too much of its character and tone. And the new Plexi is great fun too. If I deducted the cost for each new pedal and amp I've received for free since I purchased the Axe, I've been making a profit at least a year ago, and it keeps on keeping on. FAS rocks!

For guys that love the high gain Marshall-esque tones... the FAS Hot Rod is the stuff. Kind of reminds me of a angry juvenile delinquent riding a Harley. And the new Plexi 50 watt 6550 is his "babe" riding on the back... Both full of attitude. :mad:;) Awesome additions ! :)

FAS Hot Rod is my version of what a modded Marshall should be. I find the BE/HBE a little too boomy and scooped. Bogners are too dark. Splawns don't have enough compression. Etc. So it's my take on a hot-rodded Marshall tone.

So far it seems many agree with your ears.

FAS Hot Rod is my version of what a modded Marshall should be. I find the BE/HBE a little too boomy and scooped. Bogners are too dark. Splawns don't have enough compression. Etc. So it's my take on a hot-rodded Marshall tone.

i have the same issues with the BE/HBE...I've always preferred the Smallbox for this types of tones with the Friedmans....can't wait to try the new amp out and hear your take on it

I'm surprised at how often I actually like the FAS models more than the "name brand" models. I don't normally go in for super high gain amps, but FAS Modern II is my go-to for death metal tone (although I have to dial the gain back to 0.25 on most of my guitars).

*edit - i.e. I plan on spending some time with the FAS Hot Rod.

Last edited:

..just what I needed to hear! Work day can't finish soon enough!!!!

The new delays sound great, but act strange: with as little as 20% feedback, I get constant self oscillating repeats, if I put it lower, I only get 1 or 2, there doesn't seem to be anything in between. The older delays don't behave like that

Jan

I was lucky enough to have a day off work today, so I spent a lot of time using 1.02 but unfortunately I was learning new tunes for a rehearsal tonight, so I didn't get time to really dig into all the new stuff. I quickly tried the new delays, amp models, and the new drive model. Hope I can make good use of them.

Back
Top Bottom