Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 1.01 Firmware Release

Looks like the forum is back on track! Can't wait for the first batch of Ax8s! Already in honeymoon phase with Q1.01 here.

I'm going to try reloading Quantum. I loaded it up the other day and it was quite...underwhelming. It sounded, somehow, faker that previously (not sure what other word to use...more processed? Kind of brittle sounding, etc...across every preset, so I don't think it's just amp settings). That being said, I'm almost entirely convinced that I just need to re-load, because many of the folks raving about it are those whose opinion I greatly value. Will report back once I've reloaded it.

I'm going to try reloading Quantum. I loaded it up the other day and it was quite...underwhelming. It sounded, somehow, faker that previously (not sure what other word to use...more processed? Kind of brittle sounding, etc...across every preset, so I don't think it's just amp settings). That being said, I'm almost entirely convinced that I just need to re-load, because many of the folks raving about it are those whose opinion I greatly value. Will report back once I've reloaded it.

Sounds incredibly real here:

Any news on new firmware yet? I'm like a rat on crack!
I know, I know. Addiction just gets more and more fun as time goes on. I wasn't even surprised when Quantum came out right after FW 19. I was like, YEAH, erase that number 20!! Way to go thinking outside the box!

Its a good thing Fractal is not responsible for setting the times for the traffic lights. They would all change at the right time. We would have no patience anymore.

Sounds incredibly real here:

Faker wasn't the best term. Not sure how to describe it. Lifeless might be a better way to put it. Last I was on (19...I never tried the Quantum beta) it was warm and dynamic. Now it sounds flat and...like I'm playing through a solid state amp. I'm sure it just needs to be reloaded.

Last edited:
Hoping that we can have more than 2 drive blocks in the near future. I'd like to fade in different ones depending on what position my expression pedal is in.

With X/Y states you might be able to pull off 4 different settings using an expression pedal.

I have a new guitar, with low output pickups, TV Jones Classic, and now the Q dynamics really are remarkable. I really don't know what could get better, between the JTM45 and some vox types, I have all I need. And a whole lot of other amps if I'm in one of my changing moods, but I've never had this kind of luxury.

11012424_610657542407045_7505232505369209464_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom