Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 1.01 Firmware Release

I don't know if it's because of the constant great updates, or if it's the fact that there was so much in there to begin with, but I am still in the honeymoon phase of this purchase after 9 months! I have barely scratched the surface on this thing, partly because I like to spend more time playing than tweaking but also because the thing is just so vast as far as what it can do. Even the "normal" quality effects seem to sound better than any processor that I have played. And now with more CPU available I can run just about everything in high quality! Cliff, you made the best gear company ever.

Yes, patch change times are also improved.

In that case, I may experiment with switching back to individual patches instead of scenes. Currently using six scenes per patch, one patch per bank on my MFC. Found myself recently wishing I could move more quickly between sounds that are too different to conveniently share a patch.

I don't know if it's because of the constant great updates, or if it's the fact that there was so much in there to begin with, but I am still in the honeymoon phase of this purchase after 9 months! I have barely scratched the surface on this thing, partly because I like to spend more time playing than tweaking but also because the thing is just so vast as far as what it can do. Even the "normal" quality effects seem to sound better than any processor that I have played. And now with more CPU available I can run just about everything in high quality! Cliff, you made the best gear company ever.
Honeymoon is made to scratch it XD
The axefx is so great that we all talk eargasms and sexual metaphors haha.

By the way, i only knew FW 18 and next and could feel the difference each time, I can't imagine for longer time users.
Even my wife is impressed by the sims and effects and is not mad about me buying the axe since I plugged it !
At our wedding we played and had the axe on foh, family musicians asked what was my great amp and where it was !

Boot time... shick as slit! :encouragement:

Previously, when the boot time was a lot longer, the reason given was that the unit had various housekeeping tasks to go through during bootup. If all that stuff still has to be done, then I'm seriously impressed with the improvement. It's super-quick now!

Wow :) ! I loved quantum 1.00, but now I have it with 5% less cpu on my main patch, yes yes yes, which block will I add now?

This company is just a dream!
i started the AxeFxIImkII adventure at fw9.0... and through all the #.xy we arrived to 20.01 and now the new Quantum start a new story of improvements!
It's crazy!!!
Anybody remember the famous question in the Harmony-Central reviews? "What if is stolen or destroied" (or something like that)
Well, I hope that never appens... but... I'll buy the Axe again and again!

TNX CliffFAS!

Tonight I re-recorded a part for a song that I did a while back using firmware 15 ( a plexi patch ) I redid it using the latest Quantum and the difference was astounding!! Thicker, more aggressive and more presence. I've always upgraded firmwares as they come along and never notice the incremental improvements as much as others, probably due to my age and deafness from too much loud music. It's truly awesome... Thanks Cliff and team.

Tonight I re-recorded a part for a song that I did a while back using firmware 15 ( a plexi patch ) I redid it using the latest Quantum and the difference was astounding!! Thicker, more aggressive and more presence. I've always upgraded firmwares as they come along and never notice the incremental improvements as much as others, probably due to my age and deafness from too much loud music. It's truly awesome... Thanks Cliff and team.

Care to share your comparison? :)

This company is just a dream!
i started the AxeFxIImkII adventure at fw9.0... and through all the #.xy we arrived to 20.01 and now the new Quantum start a new story of improvements!
It's crazy!!!
Anybody remember the famous question in the Harmony-Central reviews? "What if is stolen or destroied" (or something like that)
Well, I hope that never appens... but... I'll buy the Axe again and again!

TNX CliffFAS!

I started at version 10 and had an Axe-FX Standard before that. It is not even the same unit now!

I miss the HC reviews! lol. I used to sit and read those for hours!

Minor update with major consequences. Love the massive CPU usage reduction. I think I can get away with switching all my reverbs to HiRes now, where before I was limited to NormalRes, and still end up with lower CPU usage than on previous firmwares! :D

FAnkS!

This should also fix the issue with MFC expression pedals not responding after bootup until a new preset is selected.

Oh and it did Cliff-anator! Sounded great after update at my lunch break. Thanks for your continual commitment to improvements in the FAS technology!!! CPU usage was much better as well in my main ambient presets!!!

Epic thank you and I DID see what you DID there ;)

pelican-i-see-what-you-did-there-300x268.jpg

Back
Top Bottom