Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 1.00 Public Beta

Oh man!

Axe FX II XL + Power Amp (Mesa Simul Class 2: Ninety) + 2 cabs 2 x 12 (One with two V30 and another with two Creamback 65) + Quantum FW

Simply brutaaalllllll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Greatly improved for power AMP this FW
I'm in paradise!

Thanks man (Cliff) !!!!!!

My conclusion after hours with Quantum:
The only thing that counts, rotating the input knob to "melt Faces", so you have every nuance of the selected amplifier on the volume knob of your guitar. This is absolutely fantastic.

This is a huge thing to me! One of the first things I noticed ,cranking the drive works like it should (Plexi's , Tweeds, Blackface you name it they just work!!)!! Never was able to before , just didn't quite react as it should, but now .... There needs to be a parameter somewhere that says "Totally Rocks" !!! I can't say enough about Quantum ! So far my thoughts have been "Every amp should be like this"

Wow..
Can anybody make a comment about USA IIC+ ?? It was hard to control the g3d one so i'm still on 18.07 in order to use the g2 version..
How about the new fw? How is that amp in comparison with g3 or g2 one?

Oops, looks like I entered the wrong cathode resistor value on those. They have about four times the gain they should. They won't sound right just reducing the gain either because that messes several things up. Use Recto1. That's a better sounding amp anyways. The old Rectos sound much better than the newer ones.

Could it be that there is a similar problem with the Tucana CLN? Somehow I think that this model has more gain with Q1.00Beta than before.

Whoops-Edit: Sorry, false alarm!!!
For some reason a drive block before the amp got activated in that particular preset after installing Q1.00. That's strange, because it was not the case in this preset in the previously installed firmware.

Last edited:
So I just installed this. I've not had time to use the Axe in a while as I've been working away from home, so I was still on 19. When I installed it I thought all my patches sounded muffled. Took a moment to realise that the firmware also changed the cabs on the XL. Sure enough, for whatever reason, my patches were pointing to factory cabs instead of the user cab I was using - there's clearly a big difference between an Orange 412 and a 212 Bogner with Lynchbacks, and flipping back to the Lynchback cab brought the sound back to where I thought it would be. Sounds great.

Whatever became of MIMIC?

It's still there AFAIK, as is "G3". What is with all the people on here who think something as complex and deep as the AFX's software only implements a single algorithm or methodology?

It's like if Dairy Queen said "Hey we improved the Chocolate in the Peanut Buster Parfait!!" and a bunch of worried DQ fans said, confused, "Does this mean there's no more Ice cream?" WTF makes you guys think these technologies (specifically G3 and the Quantum tube algo improvement) are somehow mutually exclusive?

Absolutely no placebo effect: This "quantum thing" is so drastic frequency wise,that I have to change my Global EQ to almost flat!, in order to match my Freq response of my DB M412+ FRFR monitor. Normally I needed to heavy adjust the EQ to get good results.

The "characteristics" of the IR cabs are so present now, even with Normal Res! Outstanding!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow- sounds great... I notice the difference when playing a plexi.. playing soft will give me a clean tone, and playing hard will give me ROCK.. so much dynamics, just brilliant.

I have a theory that Cliff is the fractal santa claus.. he climbed down each of our chimeny's while we slumbered the other night and did some kind of rewiring in our units and then crept back up the chimeny. I did notice my milk was lower today and my cookies were gone though.

boy how I wish us mark II homies could get just a couple more slots for user cabs. But I aint complanin. When you have 4 cab packs with literally thousands of IR's.. and you are absolutely using at least 15 of them constantly.. it's tough out there for a stone age mark ii owner.

BTW - I LOVE the MELT FAC setting.. I literally never turned the gain all the way up on an amp in my life til today, and tried it on a maz 38 for the hell of it.. man that thing can shred if you need it to!

It's still there AFAIK, as is "G3". What is with all the people on here who think something as complex and deep as the AFX's software only implements a single algorithm or methodology?

It's like if Dairy Queen said "Hey we improved the Chocolate in the Peanut Buster Parfait!!" and a bunch of worried DQ fans said, confused, "Does this mean there's no more Ice cream?" WTF makes you guys think these technologies (specifically G3 and the Quantum tube algo improvement) are somehow mutually exclusive?
zactly....

it's empirical people

everything working together in harmony to bring you great tone....

now if Cliff could figure out how to implement the Talent Algorithm......

(I'm sure he already has it written...;)

Wow..
Can anybody make a comment about USA IIC+ ?? It was hard to control the g3d one so i'm still on 18.07 in order to use the g2 version..
How about the new fw? How is that amp in comparison with g3 or g2 one?

I noticed a huge difference when cranking the master volume up to 8 or more on this amp: suddenly it had a ton of natural compression that seemed missing in previous firmware releases, without becoming flubby like I seem to remember in the past (this is with the bass turned way down, and I believe Cut was activated; I was playing a Les Paul, so this may vary based on your guitar).

The Palmer, being an electronic filter with no actual mic involved, has no phasing issues for the De-Phase parameter to work on. The flat IR, being flat, has nothing at all for De-Phase to get hold of.

With IRs that are based on actual speakers, there will almost always be a noticeable effect.

The Palmer and flat IRs were used as extreme examples (IRs with no phase or comb filter issues to begin with). Some miced IRs suffer from phase issues more than others, and would need higher values of De-Phase. My point was that some IRs will benefit more from De-Phase than others, and the value for De-Phase will depend on the IR as well. Some users here have listed their favorite "fixed" value. I could never use one value as optimum for all IRs.

Reactions: Rex
Wow. No hype - this sounds sensational. Top end is smooth - notes separate and bloom like never before - makes me play better. Amazeballs…

Back
Top Bottom