Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 1.00 Public Beta

It's the quantum foam that does it. He had to build his own improbability drive in order to get it to fit into the code. It gets the wrinkles out of the topology of the timespace fabric and gets all the supersymmetry to be more symmetrical.

Also, colors are brighter and whites are whiter, with a fresh linen scent.

Is this Quantum technology making the models better than the real thing?

I don't know, but my short (8 months, roughly) experience with the unit indicates it can do things the "real" things cannot. At least not without knowing how to mod them.
And nothing I've ever tried does the simulated power amp and cabinet like the Axe FX, which was the weakest link of all the VST and hardware sims I'd used.

I don't consider the Axe FX to be a modeler or a simulator at this point. It is a real guitar amplifier.

Is this Quantum technology making the models better than the real thing?

I've been informed that "the real thing" can sound different from one another right off the production line, so if this Q-Tech has used a good reference then yes, it has better models. All depends on if your real amp got built on a Friday before a Monday holiday. :D

I don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but I noticed there's a new preamp tube type that many (if not all) the models are defaulting to: "Authentic."
I'm curious as to the technical differences between this mode and the four other tube types previously available.
I would assume it's an improvement over the others, but the others were kept in the Axe Fx to appease those who may still want them.

I'm also noticing that on clean settings, the notes don't jump out and stab me in the face from time to time like they used to- better modeling of tube compression, perhaps?

At any rate, this new firmware's improvement definitely isn't placebo effect:
I've caught myself at least 5 or 6 times today forgetting that I updated; and saying to myself, "man, this thing sounds REALLY good today for some reason. Oh, that's right, they just made it better." XD

I loled about your gossiping on the name for marketing sake. Let's Fractal get all the communication it needs to fill the orders ^^

On the competition topic, I think chinese copies of the axe would be more terrifying than yam, line6...

I loaded it. It sounds pretty awesome. Not sure how much is "19" vs. "20" vs. "Quantum" but I have total faith in Cliff and team at Fractal. I'm right in the middle of recording a project and had no reservations about loading this up with no backup hardware units. Also noteworthy that I just bough the Mesa multi-mic collection from OwnHammer which are the first IRs I've bought in about a year. I was able to dial in a patch with the high gain SP2 and high gain O.H. mix 02 IRs along with the Fractal Modern I amp with relatively low bass and gain. The rhythms are quad tracked and it sounds crushing. The client (in this case me) is very pleased with the result.

Okay, stupid question.

I'm running FW19. Do I need to update to FW20 before going Quantum or can I dive straight in with the newest thing?

I don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but I noticed there's a new preamp tube type that many (if not all) the models are defaulting to: "Authentic."
I'm curious as to the technical differences between this mode and the four other tube types previously available.
I would assume it's an improvement over the others, but the others were kept in the Axe Fx to appease those who may still want them.

I'm also noticing that on clean settings, the notes don't jump out and stab me in the face from time to time like they used to- better modeling of tube compression, perhaps?

At any rate, this new firmware's improvement definitely isn't placebo effect:
I've caught myself at least 5 or 6 times today forgetting that I updated; and saying to myself, "man, this thing sounds REALLY good today for some reason. Oh, that's right, they just made it better." XD
Jolly mentioned seeing this on whatever model he was ising. Uber didn't do it when I tried...?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

My conclusion after hours with Quantum:
The only thing that counts, rotating the input knob to "melt Faces", so you have every nuance of the selected amplifier on the volume knob of your guitar. This is absolutely fantastic.

Reactions: RDH
Back
Top Bottom