Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 1.00 Public Beta

I amazes me some of the stuff that comes up in a perfectly good thread ! Must have been a run on "Too much time on my hands" CD's

I don't know why anyone is typing and not playing. My guitar won't let me stop. I just played the Quantum Herbie ch3 and my shorts spontaneously combusted! Back to it.

I bought my XL in Feb with FW16.4 and immediately felt disappointed if I'm honest. FW17.x was a bit of an improvement and i gigged it off-and-on for a few months before eventually abandoning it (and the MFC-101 and Rac12) at 18.x to go back using my old Mesa / Palmer PDI-03 rig again full time. As old as it is, the antique Mesa/Palmer rig still pipped the XL for tone and feel direct to FOH at 18.x IMHO.

Today I decided to see what this Quantum talk is all about so I fired up the XL and braced myself for disappointment again if I'm honest... But I've just finished a 2hour band rehearsal straight to FOH with Quantum + Burgs new preset, and Im delighted to say that I've enjoyed using the AxeFX for the 1st time since I got it! We may be back in the game! I didn't check if Burgs has dialled in some de-phase, but whatever is going on under the hood with the amp sim & IRs now, it's way ahead o previous FW in terms of smoothness, dynamics, sitting in a band mix, and just generally feeling like my trusty old Mesa / Palmer rig! Yes, that IS a good thing! Oh and I thought its reaction to the guitar volume knob was pretty damn spectacular tonight too...

So For any of you clean to mid-gain newbs or reluctant tweakers, just upgrade to quantum, go download Burgs 4-scene fender twin preset here... Axe-Change - Download Preset - Double Verb - Burg - by Burgs ...there's no need to twist any knobs, just tune your guitar and knock yourself out for a couple of hours!

I'm glad Cliff named it Quantum. It gave me an excuse to use my awesome new avatar!

Although I was "uncertain" about using it with all the cat lovers around here.

...However V20 beta removes (at least in my case) the ability to access and manipulate User Cabs. Bit of a show stopper unfortunately. Cliff did say it's comming real soon though so that's good.

Thanks
Pauly

Axe-Edit is not usually updated for Beta releases. everything is available from the front panel, and most, if not all, functions work the same with the current version.

Another cool thing I noticed with Quantum is how it's much easier to tame the low end, especially on a rather boomy/bassy amp like the Badger 30. I'm going to have to try the beta on the JTM45 which is a boomy amp too. Marshall sims are fun to dial in with Quantum; I like the jumpered modes and tweaking the channels. I found some sweet mild breakup tones on the JVMs that I couldn't before; the lower gain channels in this firmware rock and are much better...

I am confused. So is this replacing what would have been FW20 or is it some parallel release that eventually ends up part of FW20 or is there going to be both. I just dont know what to think. Do we update to the FW20 beta or skip and do this?

According to M-theory, the one-dimensional vibrating string is the fundamental building block of all reality.

Guitars have strings, and we now have a Quantum processor....hmmm

I think we've just found source of the "Dark Energy" in the Universe...

20 is dead and buried. Quantum is the new black.

I have a rare collectors item of fractal axe ii. It's a very limited release called fast and furious 20. The firmware was hand crafted by Cliff for a few people. Custom firmware with optional add-ons like virtual tube technology. This is a true artifact dug up from dead and like the treasures of the pharaoh... One of a kind.

Thinking of ebay @25"k

Back
Top Bottom