Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 1.00 Public Beta

I'm sure they will be G3'd in due course.
I don't think this replaces the G3 technique that the amps were upgraded with?

Great stuff Cliff! I've only messed with the HBE so far, as I too, was in bed when I read Quantum beta had dropped. There is something about Quantum that has a sound/feel, during leads, that is like it wants to take off! Like many others, it is something that is hard to convey in words. Luckily, my kids are grown and out of the house, so I wasn't relegated to the head phones. I'm looking forward to diving into lots of the other amp models tomorrow, so I need to shut up and see if my energized mind can sleep. ;)

2 words: F. Me

The decay of the Swirl/Grit/Whatever seems more linear, whilst the grit itself seems more non-linear. I only played the 100W Plexi Jump and the 1959SLP High models... not exactly a high-gain player here.

Can't wait for the final release.... Thanks guys.

I did notice that Cliff. I was jamming to Van Halen's "Humans Being" and there is that middle part before the solo where he has the volume down. Sounded great playing along with that as it had that "hair" you are talking about.

Dude, I want that preset!!

Quantum Entanglement? Spooky action at a distance?

i just powered up my AxeFX and Quantum was already installed!
I have no way of knowing if the polarity of mine is reversed relative to Cliffs as long as i know the location of Fractals headquarters.

I thought there was a bug with parameters randomly changing until i realized it was just Cliff moving some knobs around on his AxeFx.

jesus christ please help us all

LOL I can't tell if it sounds or feels better, mostly because my hands got kind of f'd up at work (nothing major). Or if it's just placebo and Cliff/Fractal is having a laugh. :D

This amp (the AxeFX) has always sounded great. Noticed the "authentic" in the tube selection on the advanced tab / other page of the amp block I don't think that was there before

This firmware is so good I'm like...

hnng.jpg

CLIPPAGE!!!!!

Mark IV and Suhr Veteran 30. First part is FW19 and the second part is Quantum. It's doing something to the dynamics right? When I played it I felt like the amp was a lot brighter but when I recorded it, it was equal brightness. It's not necessarily easily audible but when I'm palm muting the low end is tighter.

Niiiiiice!

I hear improvements in the low end and high end... Now Not sure if it's because the high end has improved or both, but the low end sounds tight as fawk, and the high end sound silky, less harsh but with my gain!!!! This is a huge update... Thanks Cliff...

Think of each FW update as an extension of the previous i.e. it builds on the previous technology.

The only thing is that for this to go back to Ver1.00 it must be a big enough change to warrant a new name and revision sequence.

Another stuck at work whiner, long hours waiting to taste the recoded steak...on the way home i'll get some pampers just in case.

What a way to wake up... Couple of days of vacation... and new firmware!!
Thanks Cliff and Co. :encouragement:

My baggy pants have already changed to 80's spandex :lol

Back
Top Bottom