Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 1.00 Firmware Release

BTW: are all the amps now Quantum'ed ?
It was not coimpletly the case in the last G FW.

You gotta try this:
Amp: Plexi 50W High
Drive: 6.2
Bass: 10
Mid: 10
Treble: 10
Presence: 10
EQ: 3-band passive. Boost low and high by 4 dB, cut mid by 3 dB.
Everything else at default. Adjust Speaker page as desired.

I was just messin' around and remembered that video (Aerosmith?) where he runs his hands along the tone controls and dimes everything.

You gotta try this:

I was just messin' around and remembered that video (Aerosmith?) where he runs his hands along the tone controls and dimes everything.
That is a truly chubby sound. First-class tribute to the dime-the-Plexi sound. The GEQ just pushes it over the top.

The Severe model is sounding great in this FW. I wasnt able to dial it in properly in FW19 but now its back and better than ever! Has replaced my 5150 patch and is now top dog, again! Thanks FAS!

You gotta try this:

The Plexi 50W Treble has replaced the 100W in my plexi patch. It's awesome. I'll have to try these settings.

You gotta try this:

OK, This Rocks :)

Thanks to the whole Fractal team for all the work that is put in to this and everything else you do. These tools have become my musical mainstay going on 5 years now.

People from other forums must think that Cliff is like a "Jim Jones" cult guy and we are all loyal followers willing to die for great tone!! :) It really is amazing though what the Axe-FX, and more specifically the past few firmware updates, have done regarding the digital guitar world.

As many of you know, I just recently got a powered FRFR cab. I was thinking about getting an additional piece of gear so I can take advantage of a stereo setup, and considered getting a real cab for the other side. To be honest, with the tones I'm getting right now I think I'm going to end up getting another FRFR cab. It sounds that good! I have to do a few tweaks here and there, but I think I'm getting so close to a guitar cab tone that it is sick. Seems like a slight dip in mids, boost of the Depth, a bit of Dephase, and some great IRs, work wonders.

I think a lot of us forget that this is basically a computer!! We are hearing things that we shouldn't. :) Cliff, great work man!!

One other thing, especially for new folks. Don't forget if you are not getting a great tone from a certain preset, make sure you deselect, then reselect the amp you are using. Sometimes, you have to do this to reset the amp because it was setup to use the pre-Quantum settings.

I've always been an amp and cab user but have always played with FRFR here and there and made some of my own IR's I tried FRFR today and thought something wasn't right somewhere, muffled sounding. I dialed up the dephase to about noon and wow! It sounds really good! I might be able to gig with FRFR now instead of amp and cab.
awesome!

Wasn't a night and day difference for me. I primarily use the Axe with IEMs and headphones.
Biggest difference I can hear is a more pleasant high end.
Sounds more balanced now.
Overall though still sounds like a million bucks.

Back
Top Bottom