Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 1.00 Firmware Release

Any word on what specifically changed from the public beta (I saw Cliff's "not much" comment, but anything more specific)?
Mostly model tweaks. Some of the models had the bias point off a little. The Dizzy and Herbie models were completely redone as I figured out the secret to the Diezel sound.

Thanks, Cliff. I just re-ran the DI tracks from my Quantum reamp test through the official v1.0 firmware, and confirmed the differences from the beta are very subtle (the Dizzy V4 Silver 4 model was indeed the most different, followed by the Recto 1 Red Mdrn).

Today, I enter to Quantum dimension, before that axe was sounded good but now it feels better...
Will there be any preset bank update? Last preset banks released at Mar 19, 2015.

I strongly urge any FRFR users if they have a cab and power amp around to put quantum to use through it. I notice the improvements through my studio monitors very well but I noticed a huge difference through the power amp cab. Do it just for fun, its like swapping out heads right on top of your cab.

Has anybody else noticed a jump in CPU%? All of my presets jumped up between 2% and 8%.

When switching back and forth between x/y on the amp block axe-edit gets dim for a second then returns to normal, has anyone else experienced this?

This new firmware sounds great!

Just downloaded again, installed first time.
Now it sounds as it should ....awesome!!

Thanks, Cliff & team!! Q1, is so inspiring.
Hands down the best firmware!!

Haven't check out all the diezel amps yet, but Herbie sounds great, but its been my fav out of the herd.

Mostly model tweaks. Some of the models had the bias point off a little. The Dizzy and Herbie models were completely redone as I figured out the secret to the Diezel sound.

Very interessting. The Quantum Beta- Diezels have been very Close to the real Diezels. There could have been more aggressiv highs..........
The secret of Diezel Sound? At the VH4 - clear bass, direct mids, aggressiv higs........Peter Diezel started with JCM 800...........but how to Programm this for the Axe.......???

I´ve Long waited since FW 14.02 for better Diezels............Quantum has brought them.............thanks a lot!

Very interessting. The Quantum Beta- Diezels have been very Close to the real Diezels. There could have been more aggressiv highs..........
The secret of Diezel Sound? At the VH4 - clear bass, direct mids, aggressiv higs........Peter Diezel started with JCM 800...........but how to Programm this for the Axe.......???

I´ve Long waited since FW 14.02 for better Diezels............Quantum has brought them.............thanks a lot!

Which cabs are you using? THX

Thanks a lot to Cliff and FAS team for this amazing major release.
love the note separation and the real amp compression of this release.

However, I have a small question on the "new rts preamp triode models"

on release note, it's writing:
New RTS triode models. There are three new triode models based on our new algorithms: 12AX7A (default), ECC83 and 7025. The previous models are still available and may be selected with the Pre Tube Type parameter. Note that the models have all shifted and if you were using a model other than default previously you will need to adjust your preset to the desired model.

12AX7A is setting by default on ALL AMP BLOCKS, ok :numbness: but why the authentics preamp tubes are not settings depending of the final real amp? maybe it is a huge job to do or something else?
i know, i can use my ears to tweak but it's a shame not to have respected the reality of the original amps to near default of the original sound.

I had this issue as well.

First time I've ever had a FW install go wonky.

I'll be re-downloading and re-installing this morning......

Redownloaded and reinstalled and life is VERY good !

Actually the first time I had to do that....

This FW is a ridiculous WOW for me. Love the SAT switch changes. Love the feel. The sounds are just ridiculously good. I touch nothing from previous presets and it often sounds great, but then I tweak a few things and can barely believe how good it sounds and feels. Thanks for the gift that keeps on giving.

Back
Top Bottom