Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 1.00 Firmware Release

Quantum is an honest jump forward in capability and performance related to modeling amps and cabs by Fractal or any other company. The subtleties and nuance in everything from the cleanest cleans to the highest gains is pronounced. All the elements of electric guitar tone - attack, compression, gain. EQ - are clearly delineated and defined. It's obvious from the first note you play; the details are clear and in 'focus' without any need to hype or dive into hyperbole. It is.

I don´t know what happened, but compared to beta I have a significantly less mids and sounds a bit metallic to me. I will reinstall the firmware, but so far I am not as happy as with Beta.

I had this issue as well.

First time I've ever had a FW install go wonky.

I'll be re-downloading and re-installing this morning......

The Dizzy and Herbie models were completely redone as I figured out the secret to the Diezel sound.
Interesting! And I'm a bit scared, because I like the Beta's Herbie Ch3 like crazy, I just hope it doesn't sound too different now! We'll see in a few hours :)

Mostly model tweaks. Some of the models had the bias point off a little. The Dizzy and Herbie models were completely redone as I figured out the secret to the Diezel sound.

In an earlier thread, you had mentioned the Trainwreck models were also improved. Was this a small tweak or a redo like the Diezels?

I'm loving it. Thanks so much, Fractal Audio Systems. I got straight out of my sick bed (flu), went to the studio, pulled in the AE 3.3 and Q1 software, grabbed my Brian May guitar and wrote myself a nice Brian May 'live' patch. Straight to Wembley! One thing I noticed was a seemingly significant (and very welcome) change in the cab Mic models. I've made a video demo of that preset with intermittent mic changes for anyone interested. I'll pop it up later. Thanks again, guys.

Not only would I love to hear the demo, but I would love to get my hands on the Brian May patch you made. Your patches are killer sir!!! I need you to send them all to me please!!! LOL....

I'm still waiting for the FAS Dr. Evil amp.

Like other amps the name will be trademarked so Cliff will have to name it "FAS Bald Pinky"

GuitarDojo;124857 1 said:
37905512.jpg

The most important feature is available, if you raise the "input drive" fully!!!!

public.php

haha ..... :mrgreen

When I see shots of peoples presets like this it absolutely amazes me at how someone can come to a conclusion on a routing job such as this. I would love to see a video of you walking us all through what everything does in your preset. I see 4 volume controls and the amp sitting at the almost front of your chain. Also, how did you manage to squeeze all that in and only hit 92% cpu usage?

Last edited:
When I see shots of peoples presets like this it absolutely amazes me at home someone can come to a conclusion on a routing job such as this. I would love to see a video of you walking us all through what everything does in your preset. I see 4 volume controls and the amp sitting at the almost front of your chain. Also, how did you manage to squeeze all that in and only hit 92% cpu usage?
public.php

If that ain't "The Small Dick" patch, I don't know what is. (jk)

Sooo it sounds really great, but since I updated, Cab-Lab doesn't work.
It doesn't seem to send any files to my Axe fx (II XL+). Is anyone else having this problem, or is it just me?
I guess it could be due to all the new cab slots..

Sooo it sounds really great, but since I updated, Cab-Lab doesn't work.
It doesn't seem to send any files to my Axe fx (II XL+). Is anyone else having this problem, or is it just me?
I guess it could be due to all the new cab slots..

Instead of selecting Scratchpad in the cab block, select cab U513 (on XL model) and you can use Cab-Lab.

Perhaps I had a bad install of the Quantum beta b/c when i installed the Official Firmware and loaded up the new BANK A Presets, I had a holy shi#ball$ moment. I started going thru the presets one by one and 2 hours later i was only 6 or 7 presets into Bank A. I am a guitarist first and foremost, however for the last year or so I have been so bogged down by clients in my recording studio that i haven't really had the chance to just PLAY. Last night was like a dream come true. i had no client in the studio and just released the EP that took all my time for the last few months. All i did last night was PLAY. I have to be honest it has been a long time since i have actually been inspired by the guitar sounds coming out of my monitors. Usually i just fire up an amp and cab, throw on some verb and delay and start playing by rote. Well last night I was truly inspired. I had a few moments where i just said to myself "damn you still got it!!". thank you FAS for not only creating the most incredible piece of Pro Audio gear on the market but thanks for giving a non gigging musician his mojo back. Anyone reading this and rolling their eyes thinking that this is BS and just fanboyism should just know that i am speaking from the heart. I really really love this firmware and what it has done for my studio and my guitar playing. Keep up the great work!!

Thanks JustinYork, I bought the ML Bulb cabpack while updating the Axe, so I was a bit desperate :) Now I know what to do the rest of the day!

Perhaps I had a bad install of the Quantum beta b/c when i installed the Official Firmware and loaded up the new BANK A Presets, I had a holy shi#ball$ moment. I started going thru the presets one by one and 2 hours later i was only 6 or 7 presets into Bank A. I am a guitarist first and foremost, however for the last year or so I have been so bogged down by clients in my recording studio that i haven't really had the chance to just PLAY. Last night was like a dream come true. i had no client in the studio and just released the EP that took all my time for the last few months. All i did last night was PLAY. I have to be honest it has been a long time since i have actually been inspired by the guitar sounds coming out of my monitors. Usually i just fire up an amp and cab, throw on some verb and delay and start playing by rote. Well last night I was truly inspired. I had a few moments where i just said to myself "damn you still got it!!". thank you FAS for not only creating the most incredible piece of Pro Audio gear on the market but thanks for giving a non gigging musician his mojo back. Anyone reading this and rolling their eyes thinking that this is BS and just fanboyism should just know that i am speaking from the heart. I really really love this firmware and what it has done for my studio and my guitar playing. Keep up the great work!!

New Bank A presets? Did I miss something?

New Bank A presets? Did I miss something?

there are all new presets not just Bank A. They are included in the link with the firmware. I typically only download Bank A from FAS and the other 2 banks are filled with Fremens presets and my own creations.... speaking of which I am wondering when Fremen will release Quantum Presets... love this dudes stuff. he is a genius :) ENJOY!!

So is Quantum the new name and start 1.0 of firmware updates ? for the AXE FX ? No more beta 20 firmware, it's all starting over with Quantum ?
Thanks !
(-;

Back
Top Bottom