Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 1.00 Firmware Release

I'm not blowing smoke here, but this firmware is unbelievable. There is one of two things going on here. Either I didn't have a great install of the Quantum beta and was only getting part of the available tone, or this firmware is that phenomenal and I'm hearing the new tone that everyone is hearing for the first time.

I don't know what Cliff and Co. did but seriously this firmware release should be known as the "FRFR Release" firmware. Everything things so full, 3D-type tone, and just great. It honestly sounds like someone added a second 12" speaker to my Friedman ASM-12 FRFR cab. I don't even feel like I need to make any adjustments to my presets!

I don't know what you guys did but just outstanding. A few days ago I remember posting something about hoping Cliff eventually finds tweaks that will impact actual FRFR cabs and make the experience feel more like a real guitar cab. That day has come!!!

It's not that different than the beta but I think it sounds a little better.

1331161829-f5.jpg

Ya... but does it still work?? :)

...outstanding work Cliff & CO.

Thank You, Cliff and Fractal Audio team!

It's only 9AM in Bangkok... Too many hours working until I arrive home to try the Quantum :miserable:

Yes, I am thinking this sounds a little better than the beta, but I think I need a "blind firmware comparison test" next time. Ha! This is wonderful stuff Cliff.

It's not that different than the beta but I think it sounds a little better.

Than the occasional corrupt firmware download has to be a real thing. I'm blown away at what I'm hearing and it is light years away from what I was hearing with the beta. The reverbs and delays sound so vibrant and full and my FRFR cab has "depth" and a 3D tone that is so much more enhanced than what I was hearing with the beta.

Cliff I want to list a few things I was hearing differently since it might be able to help you guys down the road:
- Beta presets were all different volumes, official firmware presets are all around the same volume
- Very noisy presets with beta, barely any noise with official firmware (like RF noise)
- Beta reverb, etc. sounded good but distant, Reverb and other effects sound phenomenal and have 3D quality on official release
- Beta amps had pronounced high mids and little low mids, on official release mids sit perfect and sound outstanding
- Low end is more controllable in official release

Not sure if this will help you guys at all. Very noticeable change. Like lifting a blanket off the speaker, adding depth and a feeling of surround sound, and perfect EQ. The only thing I can think is that occasionally folks get some type of hiccup when downloading firmware and something in the settings get stripped somewhere. I know when it happens, I always check to make sure cab sims are on, poweramp emulation is on, etc. It is something that is really hard to put your finger on. Presets don't sound so bad that they are unusable. It is a strange tone, etc. that you can "feel". Hard to describe but something you miss when it is not there.

Anyway, sounds outstanding!!!

New discovery: Atomica High - Amp reset - only increase presence to 7 (I have Duncan CUSTOM CUSTOM hum bucker which is a darker sounding pickup), using stereo ultra-res factory 37 4x12 Basketweave G12m25 and factory 72 4x12 Sorcerer.

I am normally a 2x12 guy. But this particular combination gives me an all-around utility cabinet. I can do Marshall, I can do Vox...and all of their clones and variants.

New splash screen scared the livin crap outta me. Thought my install was blowin up.

Thanks all at FAS for your hard work!!!

I've been reading all the hype for weeks. Been on 19 till the update tonight. Honestly, I can't tell much of a difference anymore. The Axe has sounded awesome for quite a while now, and it still sounds awesome. Thank you to the entire Fractal team and Cliff. You guys are awesome. We really appreciate your undying dedication to this product. Thanks!

I have no doubt a lot of work went into this. Heartfelt thanks to Cliff, Matt, and the FAS team. Love 'ya man.

I noticed that pinch harmonics seem easier to do (and jump out) with less gain. Maybe its my hype lol. Or i'm just getting better at guitar since all i do is play this thing :lol

Oh and found a bug I think! Axe-Fx and Axe-Edit preamp tube types are not in sync with each other. Axe-Edit doesn't show the 12AX7A, ECC83 and 7025 but instead Authentic, Short Plate and Long Plate.

Did you do the Update Block definitions after FW Update thing in Axe Edit? Mine are showing all the options in there.

Back
Top Bottom