Axe-Fx II Quantum 3.02 Firmware Release (3.01 We Hardly New Ye)

I'm not sure what happened with this particular firmware but as other have stated, it is just phenomenal. I use a Friedman ASM-12 for FRFR and I barely had to adjust the EQ at all with this one. Normally there is something in the mids that requires me to tweak a bit and lower them a tad. Some really good stuff going on in this one.

I'm still trying to figure out some of the changes but to be honest, I don't know what the hell I'm going to adjust because it sounds so good. I think I'll find myself turning knobs just to say I did. :)

I've been preoccupied by a bunch of things lately and thought 3.02 sounded really nice. Well, today I played out and was blown away. I had bumped the xformer grind param and done some light tweaking but didn't realize what a difference till today. I still need to tame a little bass and fine tune levels on my patches but wow! the tubeyness!

+1 This ^

I think this is more than just ".02". There is something else going on now, I almost feel like I'm listening to my guitar processed as Mid/Side a little bit. And all in a good way. Even with a mono Ultrares Cabinet in my preset. It just seems to "wrap around" my head, while listening with cans, in a way it never has before.

This one is monumental.
Either you're onto something, or both of us have some little placebo molecules pollinating the flowers of the brain's enhancer block.

Not that I'm using cans, but I've noticed I can wander around the room and the sound is agreeably wet. Probably helpful overtone bloom, some real, some imagined.

I'm looking forward to trying this one.

We just played a big outdoor festival Saturday. I used FW Q2.04. Was just phenomenal. Used a Bandmaster and Soldano preset for the whole show.

Remarkable tone playing through a mid sized professional outdoor FOH rig.

What about all the pedals, they need the Quantum to!;)

I don't ever remember seeing a post concerning whether all the drive blocks were G3'd, because I must have had a break for a few months and didn't check the forum. Anyway, I did recognize a huge improvement in the one's that had been G3'd at that time. I can no longer really tell, since my placebo functioning was dependent on that little G3-good housekeeping thingy that used to appear.

Is there really some upgrade planned for the fx blocks that one might anticipate, if one had a tendency in that OCD direction? (I really hate terms like OCD, what they call "compulsive" would be applied to Tesla, Ford, Kepler, that guy Vern from the commercials, its a whole bag of unrelated traits.)

Lol. Uh Oh, fell a few minutes behind the times with Axe Edit releases ;): http://www.fractalaudio.com/p-axe-edit-software.php

Last edited:
I just want to mention that I don't think a big enough deal was made about this FW. I've heard countless times people say that FW XX is the greatest FW ever and when I updated, felt almost no difference. Now I just updated from 2.04 to 3.02 and holy smokes! That was a massive difference. I don't know what it was but everything sounded thicker and way more 3 dimensional. I think this was the biggest noticeable FW update ever and no one seems to be making a big deal about it lol =)

I just want to mention that I don't think a big enough deal was made about this FW. I've heard countless times people say that FW XX is the greatest FW ever and when I updated, felt almost no difference. Now I just updated from 2.04 to 3.02 and holy smokes! That was a massive difference. I don't know what it was but everything sounded thicker and way more 3 dimensional. I think this was the biggest noticeable FW update ever and no one seems to be making a big deal about it lol =)
They're all to busy playing!

Updated and tweaked today(40+ presets)! FW 3.00 Beta2 to 3.02! Great job FAS! Can't wait to lay down the sound magic that was added at the gig this weekend!

Ok gonna call fanboys on this until I move from 2.0 to 3.02 tomorrow.
May the Cliff force be with me.

These aren't the droid's you are looking for

It´s really awsome!!! I have this unit 1Year now and can´t believe I wanted to sell it. I´m glad I didn´t!!! It´s more than twice as good as last spring :). I guess one day will be the day I go FRFR only.

I really hope the comps and drives will also be updated :). There was a thread about the Diamond Comp.... I have to agree that this is also
very very important for the feeling! The typical Boss CS3 feel I guess is not possible with the onboard compressors. I´m really looking forward to it :)

I just spent a few hours with the latest FW. I have to say in my humble opinion this is the most realistic and responsive one yet. As always outstanding job.

Thanks

Well let's just say the latest firmware has no ounce of "Jar-Jar Binks" and is as smooth as Cliff's lightsaber cutting thru a LINE 6 POD.

Jar Jar just killed it for me, he has to be the worse character in Star Wars ever, so when you wrote that I laughed haha. You're correct, it's a very good update, most have been good but this one just adds more greatness!!

Well let's just say the latest firmware has no ounce of "Jar-Jar Binks" and is as smooth as Cliff's lightsaber cutting thru a LINE 6 POD.
Re Jar Jar, if that is Lucas' lack of appreciation for reggae coming out subconsciously, he seriously needs to get schooled. Reggae is one of the highest forms of music on the planet. I really didn't get it in my Hendrix years, until I started watching the really good reggae drummers.

Re Jar Jar, if that is Lucas' lack of appreciation for reggae coming out subconsciously, he seriously needs to get schooled. Reggae is one of the highest forms of music on the planet. I really didn't get it in my Hendrix years, until I started watching the really good reggae drummers.

LOL!

Back
Top Bottom