Axe-Fx II Quantum 3.02 Firmware Release (3.01 We Hardly New Ye)

I will say this. Coming from the beta to 3.2, I definitely had to reset my amps. I was definitely getting a blanket on the sound before doing it. Had to dial in a touch more gain and changed up my settings for the transformer grind, but things are are sounding great now!

Last edited:
Just upgrading firmware and Axe-Edit from the first v3 beta and wanted to clarify, is the "Xfrmr Grind" mentioned in the release notes the same at "XFormer Grind" on the Amp > Speaker tab of Axe-Edit or is it someplace else?

I'll just ask when is the final version coming out?

I ask this because even after the beta team has reviewed this and then it's gone through a public beta release. It just seems that every FW release still goes through multiple iteration releases. To fix the bug over the span of a few days..

So I ask. When is the final version going to be released, so I only have to mess with my setup once and not multiple times?

What is this 'final version' of which you speak? ;). We don't WANT a final version!

RR

Ahhh just went from Q3b2 to Q3.01 and basked in the glorious feel of Q3...I just love how Q3 plays with the mostly NMV amps I use. You sense you're really making the amp break a sweat and there definitely seem to be a much improved speaker/PA/transformer interaction as it starts to 'fight back' dynamically...I feel this with my picking hand big time...lots of love...

Transformer Grind is awesome and it's interesting how different amps react with it; I tweaked this on all my main presets. On mid/high gain amps I'm finding I like to take the Transformer Drive down one, maybe two clicks to get an awesome feel and a bit more of a ruder tone.

Q3 really is amazing to play...total 'amp in the room' heh....

I'll just ask when is the final version coming out?

I ask this because even after the beta team has reviewed this and then it's gone through a public beta release. It just seems that every FW release still goes through multiple iteration releases. To fix the bugs over the span of a few days..
welcome to firmware. :)

This Box sounds better and better in time!
The best guitar gear i ever had!
Tnx FAST-FAS!!! The company that make the guitar players happy!

So am I the only one that notices that the amps don't sustain as much and aren't as smooth in the new firmware as opposed to 1.6? I hate to be a Debbie downer. I like grind but even with it off my amps aren't sustaining as long and don't have that full sound that I like in the mix. The grind makes it sound more like my kemper and that's nice but can be harsh in the mix at times, I upgraded and as soon I switched back to 1.6 everything sounded smooth and I was picking a lot easier whereas I felt I was fighting my picking with the new firmware. Anyways hate to be that guy but somehow I'm not hearing what others are hearing. Has the sustain changed with the new algorithms from 1.6 to this one. Also my ir matched aren't creating the same tones. I would assume as an it match I should be getting the same. Anyways appreciate any insight. Maybe there is some settings I can adjust to increase the sustain. I definitely like the grind for some profiles, but would still like to retain the feel of the older firmware.

So am I the only one that notices that the amps don't sustain as much and aren't as smooth in the new firmware as opposed to 1.6? I hate to be a Debbie downer. I like grind but even with it off my amps aren't sustaining as long and don't have that full sound that I like in the mix. The grind makes it sound more like my kemper and that's nice but can be harsh in the mix at times, I upgraded and as soon I switched back to 1.6 everything sounded smooth and I was picking a lot easier whereas I felt I was fighting my picking with the new firmware. Anyways hate to be that guy but somehow I'm not hearing what others are hearing. Has the sustain changed with the new algorithms from 1.6 to this one. Also my ir matched aren't creating the same tones. I would assume as an it match I should be getting the same. Anyways appreciate any insight. Maybe there is some settings I can adjust to increase the sustain. I definitely like the grind for some profiles, but would still like to retain the feel of the older firmware.

Not my experience. Tone can be dialed in from dark to harsh and everything in between...there's a sweet spot in there. Sustain? Go to the amp block compressor and dial it up. Strange pick attack when you do? Back off the pick attack parameter.

I'm happier than ever.

So am I the only one that notices that the amps don't sustain as much and aren't as smooth in the new firmware as opposed to 1.6?

Try working more with the Master Volume to find a sweet spot, and if you want a more liquid feel try increasing the Transformer Match (although there are many ways to smooth out an amp; the amp block compressor is also worth playing with as noted above).

So am I the only one that notices that the amps don't sustain as much and aren't as smooth in the new firmware as opposed to 1.6?
I haven't noticed any lack of sustain that couldn't be attributed to my occasional choice of low-volume playing, which will affect sustain of any amp or simulator. I can get any amount of sustain, feedback or bounce by playing with the output level knobs.

Back
Top Bottom