Axe-Fx II "Quantum" 2.00 Public Beta Numero Tres

Ok, I will give that a try... I did have it plugged in... I am using XLR (I was told that was fine), for these later versions, should I be doing something different (Ethernet or their cable)? Thanks for your help...

I don't think it matters, nor am I sure that's your particular issue. I just know I've had a couple of issues with the MFC acting weird after an update that went away when I unplugged and re-did the update. I've since unplugged it every time and haven't had an issue since then.

I have updated every update since I got mine in 2012 and never unplugged my MFC, never had a problem.

As I said, lots of people say they haven't had any issues doing it, yet there are also a bunch of folks (myself included) that have had it cause problems. That may or may not be what is happening for Emangboro63, but it at least gives him something to try.

I don't think it matters, nor am I sure that's your particular issue. I just know I've had a couple of issues with the MFC acting weird after an update that went away when I unplugged and re-did the update. I've since unplugged it every time and haven't had an issue since then.

I am going to try to reinstall unplugged. If it doesn't work, I will redo the microcode for the MFC. If that doesn't work, I will put a ticket in and hopefully support can give me idea for what is wrong... As a side note, I love the Fractal - It has been the best experience in my guitar playing career - I realize this is beta and have no worries about getting to it when it is ready. Just was reading some many good post about it.
Thanks for taking the time to help me,

Eric

As I said, lots of people say they haven't had any issues doing it, yet there are also a bunch of folks (myself included) that have had it cause problems. That may or may not be what is happening for Emangboro63, but it at least gives him something to try.
Well I run the CAT5 unless I am updating the MFC, so that's probably something you want to try. Secondly, that cable is hand crimped with care by a really good avionics tech.

Well I run the CAT5 unless I am updating the MFC, so that's probably something you want to try. Secondly, that cable is hand crimped with care by a really good avionics tech.

I use ethercon almost exclusively. But by unplugging I have zero issues, so I'll just keep doing that. It literally takes two seconds, and works flawlessly.

yeah, not saying i recommend it but i always have my MFC plugged in and have never had any issues with an install...color me lucky i guess...

Been lurking,,, I only do official devirgined releases.

Pity the foo who chases dat tone

Who you callin foo....... foo?

BTW Fractal is pretty awesome isnt it?
Still supporting my old original early SN# II

Last edited:
I am going to try to reinstall unplugged. If it doesn't work, I will redo the microcode for the MFC. If that doesn't work, I will put a ticket in and hopefully support can give me idea for what is wrong... As a side note, I love the Fractal - It has been the best experience in my guitar playing career - I realize this is beta and have no worries about getting to it when it is ready. Just was reading some many good post about it.
Thanks for taking the time to help me,

Eric

The installation instruction say "unplug everything exept the USB to your computer"

I didn´t like the 2.0 Beta 2, but beta 3 sounds really good. no more harsh Highs.

I like the Vox-sounds the most. Every Amp i tried has got more his own sound.

Well done, Mr Chase!

Back
Top Bottom