Axe-Fx II "Quantum" 2.00 Public Beta Numero Tres

I installed new update. No issues for me. I did not have to adjust any settings and to me everything sounds great. I look forward to the new updates and improvements to a unit that's already great.
Thanks

I had an initial problem updating. Tried again and then whaaammm! Sounded great. But it even sounded better once i switch amp on the preset and back...According to what I understand this resets the advanced parameters without messing with the basic controls (Volume, Treble, Bass, Mid, etc.)... try it, you'll be amazed!

I do too man, please don't take any of my posts the wrong way.

My post wasn't directed at you personally, sorry if it seemed that way.

I believe it's beneficial when everyone gets to see each side of things. The worst thing to happen is when no one says anything, if someone doesn't like something I do it inspires me to try harder, or at least different. If they do like it then you're inspired to do more. If nothing is said, then there's really no reason to set a goal except for personal satisfaction.

I do understand needing consistency when you're busy, it doesn't matter how advanced your equipment is, if your looking at it scratching your head? Maybe a second unit to tweak & perfect while keeping familiar sounds on the other.

Maybe the Axe III will have a dual boot firmware option :)

I'm gonna go ahead and echo what many have said here and say that this FW really feels and sounds great. It's taken a bit to get use to the changes, but with minor tweaking (mainly undoing a few advanced parameter adjustments) it's feeling more natural and smoother overall. I've been playing the Class A 30TB with a bit of Deep Space verb and a little bucket delay and it's just gorgeous.

Thanks for the inspiring tones, Cliff.

Hehehe - this came up as a new thread for some reason and I thought it was the official release.
Back to F5'ing

This is so awesome. Kind of bad though. I haven't worked out for a week. All I want to do after work is practice and play my guitar. Need to go to sleep. Can't stop.

Ok I hesitated asking this for so long but you are now like the millionth person I have seen reference F5. what is with F5?
Errr...... F5 just refreshes your internet browser page - for folks that just can't wait for the latest Firmware so they keep checking again and - you get the idea:)

"Then don't update" comes out, yet there are new things that are welcomed and needed in the update that I can't use. See my point? Playing a series of shows....new update comes along that alters my tone pretty drastic, yet the update fixes other things as well as gives me faster patch changes and better cpu use. I'm screwed if I want to keep my tone. LOL!

Understand what you are saying but how often really is there a game changing bug fix in a new FW? Faster patch changes won't effect your studio/album work...you have your tones dialed in so CPU usage isn't an advantage either. If your tones are dialed in to pin point accuracy exactly as you need them to be as you say then there really shouldn't be much need for you to ever rush into a new FW release. In your situation I would recommend not touching a new FW until your album which is to be released worldwide on two legit, major labels is finished. Especially not a beta like this one. Finish your album and then update. Or buy another like many have suggested. Either way it doesn't really sound like a 'problem' or a legit reason for Fractal to stop updating the unit??

Software evolves and through it's transitions problems show up. Sucks for Danny and I appreciate him sharing his point of view. I wouldn't want to have to pay a mountain of work in editing anymore than I'd want to miss the progress of new FW. If you've ever hit on a FW that clicked with your setup (like 17) you understand the drug that a new FW is.

wake up, get ready for work, turn computer on, check for new firmware...
go to work, check emails, get day started, bathroom break, check for new firmware updates,
come home for lunch, turn computer on, check for firmware update
clean litter, take out trash, check for new firmware, turn computer off
go back to work, job site visit, waiting for client, internet browse while in my car, check for firmware update
come home, turn computer on, check for firmware update
eat dinner, feed cats, check firmware update
work out, check for firmware update
jam out, check for firmware update
shower, get ready for bed, read articles about donald trump on ipad in bed, check firmware update
sleep
(repeat)

+1!!! shower, get ready for bed, read articles about donald trump on ipad in bed, check firmware update
sleep
(repeat)

Last edited:
shower, get ready for bed, read articles about donald trump on ipad in bed, check firmware update,
sleep ( Dreaming about new firmware )
(repeat)
:D

Updated yesterday before I went to rehearsal, awesome, I just love it, don't know what it is but it "feels" better, loving this fractal journey, so glad I joined the party.

When I upgraded to this beta version (q 2.03), the MFC-101 no longer functioned properly. Specifically, I was unable to switch scenes as well as use the turner and tap functions. Prior to the upgrade, I was on Q 1.05. Now I am on Q 1.06 and everything is working fine. From what I am reading Q 2.03 is really good, so am I doing something wrong or missing a step. I apologize if it is obvious and I am just missing something in the upgrade process.

When I upgraded to this beta version (q 2.03), the MFC-101 no longer functioned properly. Specifically, I was unable to switch scenes as well as use the turner and tap functions. Prior to the upgrade, I was on Q 1.05. Now I am on Q 1.06 and everything is working fine. From what I am reading Q 2.03 is really good, so am I doing something wrong or missing a step. I apologize if it is obvious and I am just missing something in the upgrade process.

Did you leave the MFC plugged in when you updated? I know lots of guys have done this and it's worked fine, but the only issues I've had with the MFC after an update were because I had left it plugged in. Now I always unplug it, run the update, and then plug it back in.

Did you leave the MFC plugged in when you updated? I know lots of guys have done this and it's worked fine, but the only issues I've had with the MFC after an update were because I had left it plugged in. Now I always unplug it, run the update, and then plug it back in.
Ok, I will give that a try... I did have it plugged in... I am using XLR (I was told that was fine), for these later versions, should I be doing something different (Ethernet or their cable)? Thanks for your help...

Back
Top Bottom