Axe-Fx II "Quantum" 2.00 Public Beta Numero Tres

Hi guys,

Maybe this has been asked but I haven't seen it. What about all the factory presets - are they automatically updated so you don't have to reset the amp block for each?

I was curious about that too, so I reset the amp block in one of the factory presets. It was one of the USA Lead models and all the parameters I mentioned in my post on page 6 of this thread changed to their new default values. So no, they apparently didn't automatically update with the installation of this firmware. Maybe it has to do with this firmware being a beta and when the final 2.00 comes out, the amps will then all update, I don't know.

If so, does this still hold true if we've moved them around (I have my user presets in the A block for easier access with the MFC).

thanks!

Changing the location of the factory presets wouldn't have any bearing on whether or not the amps automatically update.

This happens with "real" amps too (and guitars, for that matter). One of the guys I toured with a few years ago kept going to Marshall amps and Gibson guitars for some reason...but he could never get the tone he was after. Eventually I had him play around with my Egnater MOD50, which had various modules based on Fender-type circuits, along with Mesa type sounds, Marshall, Vox, etc. He loved the Fender based ones (with 6L6s) the most. He went out and bought a Fender and loved it, and has been happy with it ever since. He then borrowed my Rick Kelly for a couple of months and ended up buying himself a tele. So what ended up working best for him was dramatically different than what he THOUGHT would work best for him.

My point is, sometimes we just get things in our head that "x, y, or z is what I want", and become afraid to try anything else. Some of my favorite tones come from guitars and/or amps (even/especially in the Axe) that I would never have tried under normal circumstances. One of my favorite current go-to tones under Q2 is with the Band Commander and a FOD overdrive in front of it, bridge pickup with the tone knob rolled all the way off. Creates this singing, haunting kind of tone that I LOVE. I might post a clip of it soon. But...never would have thought to try that combination normally. Just playing around with stuff almost always pays dividends, IMO.

Most of this isn't necessarily relevant to what you guys were talking about, lol, I just thought I'd chime in and share one of the reasons I love the Axe. The great flexibility allows me to try things I wouldn't have access to with the "real" amp counterparts. It's awesome.
i agree. some guys want to use Ibanez and Mesa Boogie for their look on stage... but they play country and honestly need a tele and fender amp. that even transcends into MODELING where someone uses a Recto amp sim just so they can tell anyone who might ask "yeah, i use a mesa for my sound."

Maybe it has to do with this firmware being a beta and when the final 2.00 comes out, the amps will then all update, I don't know.
i think cliff said exactly that. can't remember. too many words in this place ;)

Stupid question:
may I deselect/select the amp block (or even go up/down selecting amp model) in Axe Edit to get a FULL FACTORY RESET of that amp... or i must operate directly on the black box?

Stupid question:
may I deselect/select the amp block (or even go up/down selecting amp model) in Axe Edit to get a FULL FACTORY RESET of that amp... or i must operate directly on the black box?

If you are using Axe-Edit, right click the block and go to Edit->Reset block. CTRL-I (I for initialize) also accomplishes the same thing once you select the block.

Stupid question:

Yes. Selecting and different model and then reselecting the desired model will load default values for everything except B/M/T, gain and level. CTRL-I will reset everything.

Question for @FractalAudio : I noticed that the ac30hot defaults with comp at 0 and neutral tone stack, as opposed to the ac30tb (default comp 75.7 and top boost tone stack). Is this correct?

Yes. Selecting and different model and then reselecting the desired model will load default values for everything except B/M/T, gain and level. CTRL-I will reset everything.

Here's the full list of adjustments when deselecting and reselecting the Amp Type:

PRE: nothing changes except the far-right BRIGHT knob.

PWR: all controls get reset, except OUTPUT LEVEL

SPKR: all controls get reset.

EQ: all sliders and EQ Type get reset.

PWR DYN: all controls get reset, except COMP TYPE.

PRE DYN: all controls get reset, except OUTPUT LEVEL.

DYNEQ: all controls get reset, except CHAR TYPE and CHAR Q.

ADV: all controls get reset, except INPUT SELECT.

TREM/MIX: only TREM FREQ gets reset, the rest is not affected.

I gigged with Beta 3 last night. It was a small venue so I went power amp & cab only, rather than adding FRFR through the PA. all the same, everything sounded great. Thanks again FAS!

I just update to 2.00 beta tres. I noticed that I was not able to change amps in the amp block. Am I missing something

I love this latest firmware!!!

I used to turn on "bright" for the Friedmans and not even needed. Everything is nice and clear and have that at my disposal if I need it.

Sounds great thru my Friedman FRFR as well!

Yes- after going through more amps- "clairity" seems to be a common description for me for many amps which in the past I would have described as dark or muddy.

Improved mesa amps and ultrares 2.0.....gotta load it up!!

Probably answer my own question but we need to wait for the updated cab lab release to convert ir's into ultrares 2.0?

Thanks for the update!!!

Yes- after going through more amps- "clairity" seems to be a common description for me for many amps which in the past I would have described as dark or muddy.

Yep, this and also the palm muting and articulation when playing hard rock scales sounds phenomenal!

I never use the JCM 800 but today I was jamming on it and sounded great. I didn't get to read what Cliff wrote but didn't he mention something about how he updated to more accurate representations of the amp settings or something like that? I read that the other day and can't remember where I saw that.

Anyway, glad I wasn't imagining things when I was playing this morning. :) Everything just sounds great!

I have not loaded this in my XL+ but I have a Question: I think all current quantum presets would work with this FW, would there be a new set of presets created for this particular FW?

True words there all sounds completely different ,if you compare those ones one by one. And also what i have hear is that those Original IIC+ Era amps components are these day tricky to find anymore what are inside circuits ,that why even if they would do Re-issue version of Original IIC+ exactly same circuit profile its tricky to get sounds same like old ones.

Same have happened some old Marshall Re-issue models they sounds nothing like Original ones ,i remember watching Marshall Silver Jubilee Re-issue vs Original video also. All knob tapers did do different things and sound was not there ,that new Re-issue model did sound more modern than vintage imo.

I have a Mark IIC+, a Mark IV, a Mark V and a Triaxis. They're all completely different. Mesa always says things like "sounds the same as a IIC+" but the circuits are different and, probably most important, the knob tapers are completely different.

True words there all sounds completely different ,if you compare those ones one by one. And also what i have hear is that those Original IIC+ Era amps components are these day tricky to find anymore what are inside circuits ,that why even if they would do Re-issue version of Original IIC+ exactly same circuit profile its tricky to get sounds same like old ones.

They actually very recently announced what is essentially a reissue of the IIC+... the JP-2C.

According to a Mesa rep, they've had to reverse-engineer the old transformers and have them custom made, so they're the same as the old ones.

Back
Top Bottom