Axe-Fx II "Quantum" 2.00 Public Beta Numero Tres

Factory preset USA LEAD.
I dialed the effects back some. Run through 2 NX12's and/or a 2X12 EV12's...

I think I could tour the world with just this preset.

Pretty sure I will never update FW again.

Cool, i recently dialed in a killer Triptek Classic patch, cant wait to try it with this update. Thanks FAS!

I haven't flashed beta3 yet and hadn't had a chance to post in the beta 2 thread as I just flashed it from Q1.6 today. Given that beta3 introduces bug fixes only I'll post here.

I had enough time today to go through my 100w Plexi jumped, Deluxe Verb normal, Double Verb, and AC30TB patches - all of which sounded better straight away, significantly so!

Thanks once again Cliff for all the time and effort you put into continually improving the AxeFX II / XL / AX8!! :)

Just updated to Tres. The Triptik may be my new favorite amp - WOW is all I can say. Virtually no tweaking. Started a brand new patch, dialed up the Triptik Classic, lowered bass, boosted mids and treble a bit - and BAM ! Amazing.... The triptik clean is awesome too with the gain turned up around 8. Gives just that nice bit of fuzziness.
I never could really gel with the Tucana for some reason. It always seemed a little dark for me. I messed around with it a bit with the new FW and I think I'm going to have to re-visit it again. I was really liking the tones I'm getting.
Maybe some day Cliff could get his hands on a JB100, eh Cliff??
Seriously AWESOME job on this update.

Yes, the Triptik sounds excellent in Q2.

Last night was all Fenders (Double Verb, Super Verb, Twin) and then, as suggested the Carol Ann ... what a pleasure. I'm not one to chase down a specific Artist's tone to emulate some recorded/mastered sound ... however that being said, I do enjoy jamming along with Spotify (and seek a complementary tone as if I was in the band). For some reason, the Lux is not quite what it once was to me - perhaps I've changed.

My experience last night for about 4 hours:
  • the Plexis/Marshall's sound great with ZZ Top, (tried the 1970s which is incredible by itself, but it doesn't cut as well in a mix for me as the 100 watt factory preset)
  • the Fenders with John Mayer (Double Verb, Super Verb, Twin), (w/ a little reverb) all sounded killer!
  • Carol Ann (with a little occasional boost from the FET drive and a tempo delay (IIRC 1/4 or 1/8 dotted) had me playing along with Carlos Santana. Just wow! New "go-to" amp for me :cool:
All perfect matches for my own enjoyment (for playing along - not tone matching per se). I didn't really get to Gilmore/Dire Straits last night ... will try this weekend.

Awesome job FAS! I'm lovin' these updates.

Now, I just need to work on tightening the nut behind the axe (me).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom