Axe-Fx II "Quantum" 2.00 Public Beta Numero Tres

What a pleasure owning equipment from a company that truly cares about there product. I have been here since the beginning and I have to tell you that I have never been so pleased with music equipment that I have bought. Thanks Cliff and FAS for such a GREAT JOB.

The only change from Beta 2 to Beta 3 is the fix of the Drive knob crackling and improved Boogie models. I also added code that automatically updates old presets if they are "Class A" models.
You did something Cliff. I'm not a Mesa guy but I tried the Recto models just for fun right after 2 came out and I didn't like them but today they are great. Is it just me maybe? Are you secretly sneaking tonal goodness into the firmware?

I think catorce is 14. Quatro would be next.
thatsthejoke.jpg

It's a reference to Bono's misunderstanding of spanish.

Oh, and I should add try the Boogies through the factory ML USA cab. I forget the name. It's something like 4x12 USA 57-121 (ML). Brings me right back to my gigging days when I used a Triaxis into one of those old Mesa 4x12s.
Damn!
I planned to wait the official release... Now I'm thinking to flash it right now.

Question, Should I deselect and select Boogie amps or are they auto update to latest codes?

I went through every parameter of the USA IIC+ BRT/DP amp sim last night, and there are several that changed their values when resetting that model, so you will definitely need to do that for the new settings to take effect. I can only assume that the same is true of the other USA amp models.

I would recommend trying the model(s) with both the old & new settings, and see which you prefer. On my patches with the USA IIC+ BRT/DP model, I actually preferred how it sounded with the old settings. The tone was sharper and more aggressive than with the new parameter values, which to me sounded smoother and less defined - YMMV. :)

For anyone curious, the parameters that have new values (at least for the USA IIC+ BRT/DP model) are:

- Low Q (Spkr page) - Not entirely sure about this one, as already had it altered in my patches, but the default parameter value doesn't look familiar.
- XFRMR LF (Spkr Page)
- Supply Sag (Pwr Dyn Page)
- Preamp Bias (Pre Dyn Page)
- Low Cut Freq (Adv Page)
- Triode1 Plate Freq (Adv Page)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom