Axe-Fx II "Quantum" 2.00 Public Beta Deux

MY GOODNESS!!!!!! I just tried Brit800 with CAB 55 - this is almost too good to be true ... Everything at 12 except for bass and drive, but I will tweak that a bit just to see what it will sound.

This is going to be a long night .... :)

Another nice update - my patches sound a bit smoother to my ear and the feel is improved going by before / after noodling. And thanks for the cpu savings (I can again add more to my "econo" patches!).

Some firmware upgrades give me negligible improvement in my sound, but this one was pretty major for me with fender deluxe verb tones and plexis too. Radical!

I just jammed with Brad Paisley album and I was rocking Brit 800 - just the amp and cab, NO effects - and I did not miss it AT ALL. Through headphones and I had a feeling like I was in the room with the band. I don't understand this - I guess I am just a fanboy now. Anything that Cliff will give us, I will be like: This is the best thing EVER!

So Thanks Cliff and the team, it is 0:30 here, I need to get up in 4 hours and go to work and I don't want to put the guitar down. ...

So thanks again, you did it again. Did I mention that I am grateful? Just in case anybody missed that - THANK YOU FAS!

now I need to force myself to put the guitar down and go to bed ...., just 5 more minutes, K? .... :)

I just jammed with Brad Paisley album and I was rocking Brit 800 - just the amp and cab, NO effects - and I did not miss it AT ALL. Through headphones and I had a feeling like I was in the room with the band. I don't understand this - I guess I am just a fanboy now. Anything that Cliff will give us, I will be like: This is the best thing EVER!

So Thanks Cliff and the team, it is 0:30 here, I need to get up in 4 hours and go to work and I don't want to put the guitar down. ...

So thanks again, you did it again. Did I mention that I am grateful? Just in case anybody missed that - THANK YOU FAS!

now I need to force myself to put the guitar down and go to bed ...., just 5 more minutes, K? .... :)

LOL I know exactly what you mean. I went home for my lunch break today and thought why not test some of my presets on the new firmware, hmmm a few minutes I thought, yeah that few minutes turned into MANY minutes lol. Really sucks being us right? :)

So, I'm confused by the mixed response on here.... does the update make tone sound more harsh or is it more smooth????

Im still on q1.5 or q1.6. Haven't tried new update yet because of mixed comments ive read here so far

So, I'm confused by the mixed response on here.... does the update make tone sound more harsh or is it more smooth????

Im still on q1.5 or q1.6. Haven't tried new update yet because of mixed comments ive read here so far

Well 99% say it sounds more smooth (including the guy who designed it and measured the actual harmonic content). The other two people who complain about every new firmware release said it sounds harsher.

man the markIIc+ bright took a dump. yikes..
Some amps are way better and some are making me go back and forth trying 1.06 and then 2. I've went back and forth 14 times and just when I think I have come to a conclusion I figure out that I'm wrong. I keep thinking man! There is something not quite right or as good and then I go back and prove myself wrong. There is something though maybe in the low end of my high gains that I am having trouble with. That darn 1970 Plexi keeps telling me you can't go back to 1.06.

Hey i'm all about progress, seems like the mesa's took a hit. Marshall based stuff doing great, some better. I'll keep messing with it.

Sounds awful, spitty, without the risk of being banished by the almighty's around here, very not tight. load it up and listen.

The old model had a mistake in it. It referenced the Mark IV tone stack. To get the old sound set the Tone Stack Type to USA Normal. You may not like the updated model but it is accurate. Also, if you don't like something there are a myriad of ways to say it politely and with tact instead of hurling insults.

The old model had a mistake in it. It referenced the Mark IV tone stack. To get the old sound set the Tone Stack Type to USA Normal. You may not like the updated model but it is accurate. Also, if you don't like something there are a myriad of ways to say it politely and with tact instead of hurling insults.

I was not aware I was insulting nor was it my intention. Merely stating that it took a turn for the worse. This is a beta no? we can state our opinions on it no? Has there ever been an instance when there was an issue with a beta that was corrected when it was brought to your attention?

I was not aware I was insulting nor was it my intention. Merely stating that it took a turn for the worse. This is a beta no? we can state our opinions on it no? Has there ever been an instance when there was an issue with a beta that was corrected when it was brought to your attention?

I took it as an insult, especially the "almighty" and "took a dump" remarks. Perhaps I misunderstand the use of those terms.

Back
Top Bottom