Axe-Fx II "Quantum" 2.00 Public Beta Deux

It should come as no surprise that using a drive block in front of an amp sounds way more pleasing now. Whenever there's a significant improvement in the amp block it's almost like getting a whole new batch of drives just based on that interaction. The AC-20 EF86T with an FET Preamp in front was my first stop and I haven't left yet. Damn good, thank you!

Fixed Spawn Nitrous model broken by earlier firmware update.
Very pleased to read this. I always thought that it didn't sound like my real amp. I had to search for the perfect IR just to get it close and it wasn't the speaker I was using in my physical cabinet.

Can't wait to pair it with the Spawn Rod model to mimic one of my past rigs.

Thanks, Cliff!

Last night I ordered one of the discounted old stock XL units. I am a little nervous because it's nonreturnable, but the fact that an entire new firmware series has been released right after my purchase seems to be a good sign.
You have absolutely _nothing_ to fear. Give it a month and you'll be signing the "this is the best gear purchase of my life" song. :)

Hey guys,

So this is my first update since spending the last few weeks dialing in my sounds for my set the way I like them (I had a couple of updates before I started working on my presets so I know how much better things can sound from an update). I have my settings set in my amp block library as my "main" custom amp which I based off a Twin.

I've been told not to install an update before a show as there can be unexpected surprises...which makes sense...just like you don't update your DAW in the middle of a recording session.

Anyway...my next show isn't for another week or so. How does this work? Will the update mess with my settings on the amp I saved to my amp block library or just the default amp models or will the update make changes to the overall way the parameters work and I'll just need to do some minor adjustments to some of the settings?

Any insight anyone can provide will be helpful.

Thanks in advance for your help. :)

Hey guys,

So this is my first update since spending the last few weeks dialing in my sounds for my set the way I like them (I had a couple of updates before I started working on my presets so I know how much better things can sound from an update). I have my settings set in my amp block library as my "main" custom amp which I based off a Twin.

I've been told not to install an update before a show as there can be unexpected surprises...which makes sense...just like you don't update your DAW in the middle of a recording session.

Anyway...my next show isn't for another week or so. How does this work? Will the update mess with my settings on the amp I saved to my amp block library or just the default amp models or will the update make changes to the overall way the parameters work and I'll just need to do some minor adjustments to some of the settings?

Any insight anyone can provide will be helpful.

Thanks in advance for your help. :)

Do this...

http://axefxtutorials.com/2015/08/backup-install-and-rollback-firmware-on-the-axe-fx-ii/

Need to try it!
Cliff is it possible with this firmware to copy and edit my presets with axe edit (last release).
I think I will not find new parameters but will I cause some damages to my patches?

downloading as fast as possible ... no reason not to update for me ... cannot wait to play/listen

I've only owned the black box since last Fall, but these FW updates have been amazing each and every time.

Thank you again FAS for superior product and service.

Back
Top Bottom