Axe-FX II Presets -> AX8?

Hello,

I am new to the forum and new to Fractal Audio as well. I am about to sell my Ultra and was curious if I can download FX II presets to AX8? I am looking to buy an AX8 soon. Thanks for the help. Sorry if this question has been asked a million times.

You can try to convert them using FracTool. However, not all presets can be translated. E.g. the AX8 doesn't support a tone match block or a 2nd amp block.
Good to know. In your opinion does it make sense to get an AX8? I'm hoping to get some good tones using that and running it through an EVH head and Orange cab I have.

Good to know. In your opinion does it make sense to get an AX8? I'm hoping to get some good tones using that and running it through an EVH head and Orange cab I have.

If you're familiar and comfortable enough with Axe-Edit, getting an AX8 as a more transportable rig makes sense. It's really all about your use cases, if you gig a lot this thing is awesome in comparison to the AFX II + MFC IMO. Not knocking it by any means for those who use the wide range of live features, just stating that the AX8 was designed as a lightweight portable version of the AFX II. If you can build presets relatively quick for a live rig, yeah, it is totally worth it.

Back
Top Bottom