AXE FX II Output

Woland

Inspired
Dear All,
Since I use no more than 5 or 6 preset, I'm gonna do two different banks with the same sounds: one for analog output (with levels set to -18/-16 db) and one for the digital output.

Before doing so, I would like to know if the master output knob is in truth a digital trim or is it analog.

Also, the old question about AES/EBU: I know that Cliff stated that he Axe FX could be slave, providing that the Input Source is AES… so does this mean that I can connect the AES/EBU in & out to the MOTU, set in the Axe fx the input to AES and start playing? Or this will work only for reamping?

Thanks!

The output knobs control level after digital to analog conversion.

You can accomplish what you described with one set of presets by setting Output 1 Boost/Pad to 15 or 18 dB.

With a digital main input source, analog input 1 is no longer used. If you needed to use an external clock for some reason it's possible to use Input 2 & FX Loop for guitar.

Hello,
Sorry, I probably didn't understand. If I want to play live with my AXE FX via AES/EBU, what I should do?
The whole band is premixed in a MOTU sound card, which has to be master, so I need the AxeFX slave.
I don't want to use XRL analog outputs...

I did try what Bakerman suggested but it says "no input clock"
Thanks!

My suggestion should work. If you want to run that way I can only recommend checking everything again. Did you choose AES, not SPDIF on the Axe? Are you sending an AES signal from the MOTU to the Axe-FX AES input?

Hello Bakerman,
Thank you for your reply.
I'll try again. I think that the "sending an AES signal from the MOTU to the Axefx" is the missing part. I have to figure out something… ;)

Back
Top Bottom