AXE FX II or FX8?

Gas Hed

I dig the processed guitar sound. With that said, my question is this: Am I better off starting from scratch and getting an Axe Fx II and associated gear or will the FX8 with my current set up (65 Amps Whiskey w/active loop) get me there. I'm not interested in tons of amp tones, I really like my one tone. But I also really like the effortless sustainy 80s type lead tone. I seem to hear it more with Axe Fx II demos than I do with people like me who use pedals. I have this dream that when the FX8 comes out, I'll pick it up and it will unlock my amp for some amazing 80s sounds.

Hell - maybe I just don't know how to use pedals.

Thanks for the advice.

Hey guys!

I have the same question as in the original post, except I own a Mark V amp and some pedals. The main reason I'm debating which one to get is because the FX8 doesn't transmit audio via USB, while the Axe FX II does, which gives a lot flexibility in the studio after tracking.

On the other hand, the FX8 is perfect for my needs in every other way, especially for not having any amp emulation and for its cleaner audio path (assuming it is cleaner than the Axe FX II, is this confirmed?). For these reasons I'm leaning more towards the FX8, but maybe I should look more into the Axe FX II? What do you think based on what we know so far about both products?

Probably a stupid question but...Will/can the FX8 perform some of the same functions hooked up to the Axe Fx (as a remote pedal) as the MFC-101 hooked up to the Axe Fx? I realize the FX8 is more expensive but if for $600 bucks more you get a remote pedal device that can run with your FRFR rig as well as amp/cab rig I may opt for the FX8 over the MFC-101.

Probably a stupid question but...Will/can the FX8 perform some of the same functions hooked up to the Axe Fx (as a remote pedal) as the MFC-101 hooked up to the Axe Fx? I realize the FX8 is more expensive but if for $600 bucks more you get a remote pedal device that can run with your FRFR rig as well as amp/cab rig I may opt for the FX8 over the MFC-101.

.....I will ask this a different way...Anyone have any idea what the FX8 capabilities will be as a remote pedal board if/when hooked directly up to the Axe Fx 2 as compared to the MFC-101 hooked up to the Axe Fx 2? I am assuming it will work fine and perform many of the same functions...but assuming....not so good. I am on the wait list and I would think this would matter in many purchase decision.

Back
Top Bottom