Axe FX II not registered in Cubase

Hansen

Experienced
I have used Axe FX in Cubase for years and never had a problem. When I opened Cubase last time I opened it before I had turned on the Axe FX, hence I got a message and I think I clicked on the wrong option and kind of disabled the Axe FX. Usually I solve this by going to Devices - Device Setup - ASIO Driver and change this to Axe FX. This is currently set to ASIO Direct Full Duplex Driver.

However when I do this I get the message "No device is connected to the PC". So I can't change ASIO driver to the Axe FX. However the Axe FX is connected to the PC and plays other music outside Cubase.

How can I fix this?

Last edited:
You've probably done this already but just in case you have not, shut down and reboot your computer. That would be my first action if it was all working well before.

I already did that several times. I also re-installed the Axe FX USB driver. Still get the same message: "No device is connected to the PC"

Btw, the ASIO Driver automatically switches back to the sound card that is on the PC after I try to choose the AXE FX II. So it not even possible to choose the AXE FX II as it automatically goes back to PC sound card.

Try setting device to 'no device' click apply, then open up device setup again and swap it back to the axe fx.

Back
Top Bottom