Axe Fx II Not Ready Song

I wish I could offer some constructive criticism, but it sounds pretty close to perfect to my ears. Amazing that those are stock presets! Great job.

I just purchased SSD 4.0 drums. I think they sound great, but my drum programming skills are completely lacking. Did you program those or use MIDI grooves?

I wish I could offer some constructive criticism, but it sounds pretty close to perfect to my ears. Amazing that those are stock presets! Great job.

I just purchased SSD 4.0 drums. I think they sound great, but my drum programming skills are completely lacking. Did you program those or use MIDI grooves?

Thanks for the comment...
I used some of the midi grooves at the beginning and then rearrange them to my taste and need for the song.. but the grooves are really good to start with..
The stock presets just take out and add reverb from the preset.. nothing changed in the Amp Sim or Cab.. I think most of the time you have to do nothing.. they sound really great.. just recorded in Logic thru RME HDSP AIO..

I really like how you groove the bass drum and bass guitar parts. That's a nice detail that a lot of guitar players might not necessarily pick up on when programming everything on their own.

Oh yeah, the guitars sound great too!

I really like how you groove the bass drum and bass guitar parts. That's a nice detail that a lot of guitar players might not necessarily pick up on when programming everything on their own.

Oh yeah, the guitars sound great too!

Thanks for the comment...

Man I really love this song! The sound, the groove the arrangement all it needs right now are some great vocals on top and you're off!

Congratulations!

Cut the beginning a bit shorter, lower the amount of repetitions of the main progression toward the end, got yourself a winner. Picking a melody for the vocal will always be the most challenging part, however. Good luck. Sounds good.

Cut the beginning a bit shorter, lower the amount of repetitions of the main progression toward the end, got yourself a winner. Picking a melody for the vocal will always be the most challenging part, however. Good luck. Sounds good.

Thanks for the comment... the melody for the vocal I have it, but not the lyrics.. this take the most of the time... I'll do my best..

Yes, for stuff that is going to get listened to by a DJ or record company etc. NEVER have a long intro, get straight into the vocal hook as soon as possible. They will only give it 5 sec before deciding. Think "Blondie, Hanging on the telephone" :). Intros are for albums :(
Good work man.

Cheers S

Yes, for stuff that is going to get listened to by a DJ or record company etc. NEVER have a long intro, get straight into the vocal hook as soon as possible. They will only give it 5 sec before deciding. Think "Blondie, Hanging on the telephone" :). Intros are for albums :(
Good work man.

Cheers S

Good work man.

Cheers S

Thanks for the comment..I want first to find the right voice and lyrics .. and to find the way to sound much better as now... then I can cut it as they want it.. but I am sure it will never go to a record company or something like that.. today they produce only if you have some million clicks on YouTube, otherwise no way.. anyway thanks for your input..

MS

The only thing a record company is good for now is promotion, and if your music is really good it will find its way out there. This is good. Any good singers out there?

The only thing a record company is good for now is promotion, and if your music is really good it will find its way out there. This is good. Any good singers out there?

Thanks for the comment.. I hope i can sing it when i'll find the right text..

Back
Top Bottom