Axe Fx II - mute dry guitar track

chapelizod

Inspired
USB is working great! In any daw where you can select your input streams on the Mac, everything is fine. But when I went to record a demo in iMovie, which uses the system selected input (I.e. A mix of all 4 inputs), I ended up with the dry track blended in my recording as well. there is no way to fix this in iMovie, audio settings or audio midi setup that I can find. It'd be nice to have a "dry track mute" option on the axe to compensate for this. Thanks.

That would strike me as more of a limitation of iMovie than a new feature request for the Axe USB drivers. Any other program that does not separate the input channels - like the basic DAW can - is going to have that issue. But yes, would be a nice to have, sure! :D

That would strike me as more of a limitation of iMovie than a new feature request for the Axe USB drivers. Any other program that does not separate the input channels - like the basic DAW can - is going to have that issue. But yes, would be a nice to have, sure! :D

Agreed. It's a deficiency of the software, but would be nice to have the option in the axe to compensate for this. It's not a feature that is necessary for any "professional" application of the axe, but anyone on a Mac who wants to make a video with the axe might run into it. I figure because of that it's got a low likelihood of making it in as a feature. But can't hurt to bring it to Cliff's attention. :)

It's not difficult to implement but I'm hesitant to do it because then we'll get the constant support emails "I'm not getting any sound on the dry guitar channels".

Cliff, that's not really a fair answer, since it could be clearly documented in the manual and you could reference anyone back to that, like with the myriad of other possibly "RTFM"-style questions...

Benji

Cliff, that's not really a fair answer, since it could be clearly documented in the manual and you could reference anyone back to that, like with the myriad of other possibly "RTFM"-style questions...

Benji

I anticipated that as a draw back and consider it a completely fair answer. Anyone who has ever built any software for even modest distribution would completely understand the validity of Cliff's concern. :)

Chap,
well, it was your question, sooo... I'm not gonna mess with this any more. I don't use iMovie.

I didn't bring it up "for me", per se. I don't make many videos or anything. But, youtube videos are a great avenue for free advertising and it's possible people on mac's may inadvertently begin posting sub optimal clips of their Axe II's, much like I did.

The Axe-Fx is all about control over "parameters" to get to where you need/want to be whether sonically or utility so I think the OP's "wish" is warranted.
USB/DIGI SOURCE
OUTPUT1/
OUTPUT2/
INPUT
MUTE DRY INPUT

The Axe-Fx is all about control over "parameters" to get to where you need/want to be whether sonically or utility so I think the OP's "wish" is warranted.
USB/DIGI SOURCE
OUTPUT1/
OUTPUT2/
INPUT
MUTE DRY INPUT

USB/DIGI Source is for the "wet" channels.

Like I said it's possible but it isn't the responsibility of the Axe-Fx to compensate for shortcoming or errors in other products. That leads to "feature creep".

USB/DIGI Source is for the "wet" channels.

Like I said it's possible but it isn't the responsibility of the Axe-Fx to compensate for shortcoming or errors in other products. That leads to "feature creep".

I reckon I get your point (and it's an easy work around for me personally), but I think this subject will be brought up over and over again.

Dont use iMovie to record the audio, or if you do, have a DAW in the background getting the guitar take. Then import this into iMovie and done-skee. I've done several vids this way only I use a stand alone camera and mix the audio to the vid in iMovie after the fact. Getting them to sync is no prob either.

Back
Top Bottom