Axe Fx II mk II wipes/blanks presets every time it is turned off/on (sometimes blank screen with frozen LEDs).

Jack_Jack

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone has come across a similar issue?

I own an Axe Fx II mk II and today I have switched it on and was met with a blank screen and frozen LED's. I turned it off for a while and tried turning it on again. This time it did load up, but all the presets were blank. I tried connecting it to my computer via usb and all the preset slots on axe edit read 'EMPTY' with a few columns reading random strings of characters.

I have opened up the unit (2nd owner, so no warranty!) and have not found any loose connections (that I'm aware of). I have tried resetting factory settings, resetting factory bank A and reinstalling firmware. All of which have failed to fix the issue.

Another behaviour worth mentioning, is after resetting factory presets, they will appear and are useable. However, upon restarting the unit, the presets become blank again. Sometimes scrolling through the blank presets will cause the unit to reset itself a few times until remaining on a blank LED screen as well.

I have read through a few threads and haven't really found a straight answer. Some possibilities I've found could be battery or an issue with memory - But I'm not too sure..

Thanks in advance!

Sounds like a dead battery, although the blank screen is not something I would expect.

I would suggest contacting Fractal support. They'll get you squared away.

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone has come across a similar issue?

I own an Axe Fx II mk II and today I have switched it on and was met with a blank screen and frozen LED's. I turned it off for a while and tried turning it on again. This time it did load up, but all the presets were blank. I tried connecting it to my computer via usb and all the preset slots on axe edit read 'EMPTY' with a few columns reading random strings of characters.

I have opened up the unit (2nd owner, so no warranty!) and have not found any loose connections (that I'm aware of). I have tried resetting factory settings, resetting factory bank A and reinstalling firmware. All of which have failed to fix the issue.

Another behaviour worth mentioning, is after resetting factory presets, they will appear and are useable. However, upon restarting the unit, the presets become blank again. Sometimes scrolling through the blank presets will cause the unit to reset itself a few times until remaining on a blank LED screen as well.

I have read through a few threads and haven't really found a straight answer. Some possibilities I've found could be battery or an issue with memory - But I'm not too sure..

Thanks in advance!
I’m going with a dead, or maybe unseated, battery too.

It’s supposed to be user-replaceable and is a CR-2032 button battery; check with support@fractalaudio.com for instructions. They should last 10+ years in the FX3 according to p. 114 in the manual.

Back
Top Bottom