Axe-fx II microphonic?

mortega76

Fractal Fanatic
I've been struggling soooooo badly with trying to re-amp with Sonar, MOTU 24i, E-MU 0404 USB, and the Axe-fx II... without WDM drivers I can't use the MOTU and Axe-fx II without using AISO4ALL and I've had a hell of a time getting the Axe 2 to re-amp without clicks, pops and dropouts (it's a new ceral from the same makers of snap, crackle, pop ;) ). I'm starting to dislike the entire notion of being able to re-amp at all... granted I don't always have a lot of time to even record it's been so frustrating just trying to get my DAW in order just to re-amp... that on top of Sonar always crapping out because of the AI changes and whatnot... very very very very frustrating. Out of the last 30 hours I've spent on my DAW... 28 of those hours have been spent troubleshooting no audio, clicks, pops, Sonar lockups because of the AI changes, projects not playing at all until I remove all the audio only be hear the drum vst, and on, and on, and on... (all within the span of a couple of months... wife and kids don't allow for much time of anything).

Yesterday and today I was attempting to re-amp using the MOTU and EMU which sucks because apparently the EMU can't handle the low latency of 1.5ms that my MOTU can handle... so I have to kick it up to 10ms, If I ever get there I hope I don't have to offset my guitar/bass tracks by 10ms to compensate. That's not even the strange part... I was able to send the dry guitar signal from the EMU's Left Main to the rear input 1 left... but there was soooo much "feedback" style over drive (kind of like when you have a drive pedal at 10 into an amp sim at 10 with the master at 10) (the amp sim is the Recto New Orange with drive at 5 and master at 5 and no drive pedal)... well I proceeded to disconnect the rear input cable and accidentally tapped the cable on the outer case of the Axe and I actually heard it via the headphones that are connected to the input of the Axe!!! I disconnected the cable and tapped all over the Axe and heard the cable... I heard the hollow thump when I tapped the knobs and could even heard the buttons being pressed!!!!!! I thought maybe I was hearing things but I kicked on the delay and the taps were being delayed as well... I'm at my wits end with this stuff... Any thoughts? Any help?!?!?!?!

I'm hoping to have WDM drivers with selectable 44.1/48kHz so I can get back to making music and being able to actually re-amp! Cliff! Throw this dog a bone please!!!

How high is "too high"? Doesn't make sense... Why would I hear anything if I'm tapping the outside of the case with an amp sim set with the drive and master to default settings? Either way with that much gain re-amping is next to impossible... Way too much noise... I'll take a look at the thread... Thanks for chiming in.

Well cliff mentioned that if there is no load the microphonics are exacerbated. If you have a load (guitar) connected the problem should be much less pronounced.

Back
Top Bottom